“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way
My thing is, do we go against what got us here in favor of that mega star? At the risk of them torpedoing all the things that made this team so tough. What happens when Booker starts bytching about going through plays at shoot around? Is KD’s old ass going to commit to the swarming defensive philosophy and sticking to his rotations? Only quasi attainable superstar that would fit Thibs AND this roster to me is Giannis. Everyone else is a gamble I’m scared as hell to take. Get Randle back, add another bonafide bench piece (*cough or Mikal) and run this shyt all the way back.
You say this like Randle is a world renowned defender. Randle a swarming defender?lol I’m not saying get kd specifically, but another perimeter playmaker is a need as long as we maintain some depth and identity. Kd himself has assimilated and has high enough basketball iq to fit with a group who has an identity.
I’m cool with running it back but another perimeter creator would make us obviously more dynamic. We don’t really have anyone other than Brunson on this roster you trust orchestrating offense in a high leverage situation. And Mikal is a pipe dream and dude is mid. Yal really be talking about Booker like he wasn’t the leading scorer on a finals team dropping 40 pieces on a team that was also top 5 defensively. It’s all about how much depth you retain if making a move for a star to me.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
You say this like Randle is a world renowned defender. Randle a swarming defender?lol I’m not saying get kd specifically, but another perimeter playmaker is a need as long as we maintain some depth and identity. Kd himself has assimilated and has high enough basketball iq to fit with a group who has an identity.
I’m cool with running it back but another perimeter creator would make us obviously more dynamic. We don’t really have anyone other than Brunson on this roster you trust orchestrating offense in a high leverage situation. And Mikal is a pipe dream and dude is mid. Yal really be talking about Booker like he wasn’t the leading scorer on a finals team dropping 40 pieces. On a team that was also top 5 defensively. It’s all about how much depth you retain if making a move for a star to me.
Randle was locked in when we got OG. Obviously he wasn’t Precious out there but he bought in what we were doing.

I’ll talk myself into Booker very quickly if it happens but I just love what this team is presently and would rather lean into it.

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Randle was locked in when we got OG. Obviously he wasn’t Precious out there but he bought in what we were doing.

I’ll talk myself into Booker very quickly if it happens but I just love what this team is presently and would rather lean into it.
Kd when locked in defensively isn’t a passenger but an impact player. On a team with other impact defenders he’s not someone you have to hide. See: warriors.
Playing with Nurkic and your best defender in the rotation being Royce O’Neal means less than nothing to me. I don’t even want kd. He too old for brunsons timeline to me.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI

I think this play epitomizes what scares me about Randles style of play. Look at Precious on this play. He picks up Maxey on the pick and roll, switches his feet on the crossover, and contests the layup. Then he gathers himself to not only make the fast break put provide a dump off option AND boxes out the philly defender in case Brunson misses the layup.

That's beyond hustle! That's beyond intelligence! Imo anybody you put into the rotation HAS to be able to think like that instinctively.

This isn't a Randle hate post btw.

Derek Lee

#thunderup
Supporter
Daps

I think this play epitomizes what scares me about Randles style of play. Look at Precious on this play. He picks up Maxey on the pick and roll, switches his feet on the crossover, and contests the layup. Then he gathers himself to not only make the fast break put provide a dump off option AND boxes out the philly defender in case Brunson misses the layup.

That's beyond hustle! That's beyond intelligence! Imo anybody you put into the rotation HAS to be able to think like that instinctively.

They need Randle, but I'm enjoying the brand of basketball that they're playing without his presence.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Let me say this now…

This dude Brunson has completely broken the excellent “Stop Brunson” defensive strategy by Nurse.

Do y’all understand that the Pacers do NOT have a roster that can give Brunson fits the way the Sixers have?

Aye… this is a spooky year, Brehs. I think Sixers will be the toughest matchup we have until the west.
Pacers height concerns me

Derek Lee

#thunderup
Supporter
Daps
GMSx8BeWsAArwmi

maxresdefault.jpg

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Pacers height concerns me
??? All their players with height are finesse players
I hope you ain’t losing sleep over obi.
Og will take pascal out the series
We struggle with shooting bigs historically but Myles turner puts no fear in my heart. We would punk them on the glass regardless

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I’m cool with running it back but another perimeter creator would make us obviously more dynamic. We don’t really have anyone other than Brunson on this roster you trust orchestrating offense in a high leverage situation. And Mikal is a pipe dream and dude is mid. Yal really be talking about Booker like he wasn’t the leading scorer on a finals team dropping 40 pieces on a team that was also top 5 defensively. It’s all about how much depth you retain if making a move for a star to me.

You say Mikal is mid but he's like the missing piece of Voltron. Josh Hart and Dante aren't playing this way on any other team. If bridges joins his friends on the knicks its a fukking wrap for the league

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
??? All their players with height are finesse players
I hope you ain’t losing sleep over obi.
Og will take pascal out the series
We struggle with shooting bigs historically but Myles turner puts no fear in my heart. We would punk them on the glass regardless

OG on siakiam is definitely the match up considering they used to be teammates. That shyt is gonna be interesting to watch

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

Of course. Randle probably gives you 75% of Precious defensively but 400% of what Precious gives you offensively.