“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
:whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo:

Brunson will be fine once he stops pressing. He looks like he's buying into the "oooh put a big 6'7 nikka on eem" strategy. You been cooking the entire league all season boy, so what? Juke these lanky ass nikkas up like you do.

The difference between him and Randle's playoff stinkers is he's still impacting the game, his efficiency is just off. And we're winning. Don't jump off the bandwagon yet. He's going to Philly where he won 2 natty's. Might be the wake up he needs.
He should punish them with assists is my only complaint. He’s missing open guys by pressing and trying to get himself going. We got dogs and guys that aren’t afraid of the moment right now. Lean into that shyt.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
THISSSSS.

Honestly, unless it's Anthony Edwards(Of course not possible), Mikal Bridges(Not breaking the bank for the nikka, though), Luari Mark(Again, not letting Ainge fleece us), Zion(Still...I don't trust his health), Giannis(Why even name him, not happening)...

I don't know if I'm willing to fukk this team up.
I'm absolutely comfortable with giving it another go with the Brunson & Randle tandem.

^ As the Playoff rotation in 2025 w/ Prince Achiura and whoever else fits in is fine with me.
Break the bank for Mikal breh. Complete the cipher.

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's shooting under 30% from the field and under 20% from 3. Looks a lot like Randle.

When playoff teams actually focus in and prioritize taking you out of the game, most good teams can do that. Josh Hart/Miles McBride/DDV having huge games these first two games at home isn't a coincidence.

Brunson needs to focus on facilitating. He should be looking to average 10-12 assists, not take 25 shots a night. If not for that massive collapse by Philly last night Brunson would be getting killed for his shots down the stretch
Not sure what you're quoting me for...especially with shooting splits. I said he was inefficient. But he's still making plays, including facilitating, and making big shots. Randle didn't. His shot wasn't falling but he didn't offset that with anything else. I'm not on a Brunson vs. Randle trip. I saw a post or 2 likening JB to Randle's historical playoff collapses. I spoke to that.

Sorry but the bolded is nonsense. 2 bad shooting games (THAT WE WON!) and now this cat needs to morph into Jason Kidd?? How? With this roster?? Why? We don't even have any elite finishers to get this man to at least 9 assists a game. The only thing he needs to do different is MAKE shots. And your 'if' is nothing but massive speculation. Philly did collapse. Period. If Brunson hits the shots he normally makes he probably doesn't have to play much in the 4th quarter. See how easy IF can make an argument?

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Sorry but the bolded is nonsense. 2 bad shooting games (THAT WE WON!) and now this cat needs to morph into Jason Kidd?? How? With this roster?? Why? We don't even have any elite finishers to get this man to at least 9 assists a game. The only thing he needs to do different is MAKE shots. And your 'if' is nothing but massive speculation. Philly did collapse. Period. If Brunson hits the shots he normally makes he probably doesn't have to play much in the 4th quarter. See how easy IF can make an argument?
The Knicks and Sixers have played 6 times this year, Brunson's been bad 4 of those games(shooting under 30%). Nurse just knows how to make life miserable for a guy on offense. Again - the Sixers are willing to give guys like Hart, McBride and DDV easy shots just to get the ball out of Brunson's hands and they're betting they won't hit them. To their credit, those guys have played great and hit open shots mostly.

You wishing Brunson is gonna go 17-23 on Thursday won't make it so.

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Knicks and Sixers have played 6 times this year, Brunson's been bad 4 of those games(shooting under 30%). Nurse just knows how to make life miserable for a guy on offense. Again - the Sixers are willing to give guys like Hart, McBride and DDV easy shots just to get the ball out of Brunson's hands and they're betting they won't hit them. To their credit, those guys have played great and hit open shots mostly.

You wishing Brunson is gonna go 17-23 on Thursday won't make it so.
Yet the Sixers have only won 1 of those 6 games. I said Brunson needs to get out of his head and stop pressing. We are still winning despite subpar performances from him...unlike Randle. That's what I said. You quoting me with shooting percentages and saying the Sixers play him well means little to nothing to my statement. You wishing we are in a debate won't make it so. I'm watching the games, you don't have to tell me what Hart, DDV, Deuce, or Nick Nurse is doing.

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
Same thing that happened to Randle in the last few years. It is so difficult to have the City on your back and play comfortably in the Mecca. This is why I can't be too mad at Randle.

I have a feeling Brunson is going to have a HISTORIC RUN in Philly.

Sidenote:

:dead::pachaha: @ThaBronxBully is bugging out again