“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
Brunson is just going through the same thing Julius went through in 2021. Atlanta sagged off of Elfrid Payton and similarly Philly is sagging off of Josh hart. Same thing with the centers , Embiid is floating to wherever Brunson is similarly to what Clint Capela did with Julius.

This creates a semi double team with limited spacing and it’s almost impossible to breakthrough. What makes this more complicated is that neither Jalen or Julius are explosive athletes. They are both insanely skilled and crafty but not explosive athletically.

The massive difference is that unlike Elfrid Payton Josh hart is actually hitting his open threes and to the fact Hartenstein is worlds ahead of Nerlens Noel and Mitchell Robinson on offense.

* Checks notes:: Elfrid Payton had one point in three games as a starter vs Josh Hart who 19 in one half

Hence the 2-0 lead.

Yep, we have way better role players this go around.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Brunson is just going through the same thing Julius went through in 2021. Atlanta sagged off of Elfrid Payton and similarly Philly is sagging off of Josh hart. Same thing with the centers , Embiid is floating to wherever Brunson is similarly to what Clint Capela did with Julius.

This creates a semi double team with limited spacing and it’s almost impossible to breakthrough. What makes this more complicated is that neither Jalen or Julius are explosive athletes. They are both insanely skilled and crafty but not explosive athletically.

The massive difference is that unlike Elfrid Payton Josh hart is actually hitting his open threes and to the fact Hartenstein is worlds ahead of Nerlens Noel and Mitchell Robinson on offense.

* Checks notes:: Elfrid Payton had one point in three games as a starter vs Josh Hart who 19 in one half

Hence the 2-0 lead.
THISSSSS.

Honestly, unless it's Anthony Edwards(Of course not possible), Mikal Bridges(Not breaking the bank for the nikka, though), Luari Mark(Again, not letting Ainge fleece us), Zion(Still...I don't trust his health), Giannis(Why even name him, not happening)...

I don't know if I'm willing to fukk this team up.
I'm absolutely comfortable with giving it another go with the Brunson & Randle tandem.

Brunson, Hart, OG, Randle, IHart (Best all black starting lineup in the league:troll:)
McBride, Donte, Bogi, Money Mitch
^ As the Playoff rotation in 2025 w/ Prince Achiura and whoever else fits in is fine with me.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Yeah, hard to be efficient when you got big ass wing players hounding breh every possession. :francis:
What's wild is Brunson is a true student of the game.
If we do make it out of this series - whether it's the second round or digesting it over the offseason - BRUNSON will absolutely learn and evolve from this challenge. I have no doubt about that. As a matter of fact - it might have been necessary for Brunson (and the Randle doubters) to see how difficult it is to have the Mecca on your back with the defense TARGETING YOU WITH EVERYTHING THEY HAVE.

I'm so fukking hype about this team and we need to keep it together - fukk a luxury tax. Dolan & Rose, make it happen.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
:whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo:

Brunson will be fine once he stops pressing. He looks like he's buying into the "oooh put a big 6'7 nikka on eem" strategy. You been cooking the entire league all season boy, so what? Juke these lanky ass nikkas up like you do.

The difference between him and Randle's playoff stinkers is he's still impacting the game, his efficiency is just off. And we're winning. Don't jump off the bandwagon yet. He's going to Philly where he won 2 natty's. Might be the wake up he needs.
He's shooting under 30% from the field and under 20% from 3. Looks a lot like Randle.

When playoff teams actually focus in and prioritize taking you out of the game, most good teams can do that. Josh Hart/Miles McBride/DDV having huge games these first two games at home isn't a coincidence.

Brunson needs to focus on facilitating. He should be looking to average 10-12 assists, not take 25 shots a night. If not for that massive collapse by Philly last night Brunson would be getting killed for his shots down the stretch

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Barkley pretty much said the same thing, he was saying that Embiid needs to have his head up & be more of a leader.

Rebounding been a major issue for the Sixers all year long.

Brehs, look at the enthusiasm from Starks, Spree & Melo :wow::mjcry:

:to: we really got our OGs court side going crazy for the squad

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
you should've seen her on Get Up this morning...legs were lookin crazy thick and brown. :banderas:
I saw her. Towering over Jay and Greeny.
I love this woman.
My wife and I have already talked about Doja Cat being a sister wife...but, I'm going to have to bring McNutt up in a powerpoint presentation to pitch the idea of us courting her. No Cap. :dead: