“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
The Nets won’t do it. They are going to be that petty.
My boys a Nets fan and MAY OR MAY NOT be getting annoyed with me constantly throwing trade proposals at him. But he said that there was a rumor that the front office wouldn’t trade Mikal to Houston even if they offered them all their picks back. (2 picks, 2 swaps and a second). A lot of the Nets fans thought it was nuts so we have that going for us I guess.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks Bobby Marks threw that hypothetical trade out there as a temp check for the Knicks. Take a wild guess who his agents are.

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
My boys a Nets fan and MAY OR MAY NOT be getting annoyed with me constantly throwing trade proposals at him. But he said that there was a rumor that the front office wouldn’t trade Mikal to Houston even if they offered them all their picks back. (2 picks, 2 swaps and a second). A lot of the Nets fans thought it was nuts so we have that going for us I guess.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks Bobby Marks threw that hypothetical trade out there as a temp check for the Knicks. Take a wild guess who his agents are.

Still considering it a pipe dream because Marks and their owner live in this fantasy in which they think they can compete.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Still considering it a pipe dream because Marks and their owner live in this fantasy in which they think they can compete.
Yea. They view Mikal as a piece that will attract a star. Which I think is really dumb. As good as Mikal is, NBA players don’t value 3&D guys like they should. Imagine if OG was all we had and we thought he could get us a star.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Question... :jbhmm:

And don't beat me up for just asking... :hubie:

I really want Mikal...but...

IF Maimi continues to slide in the next few weeks and the writing is on the wall, Pat Riley might need to do right by Butler and help him use the next few years helping a possible contender instead of wasting away at a dying Miami Heat era.
If Pat Riley believes a rebuild is necessary, and wants to give Butler that chance, is the Mia-NY rivalry still so impassioned that they'd be unwilling to take draft capital in exchange for Jimmy?

As Knicks fans, what would you do if Miami was willing to come to the table and offer Jimmy...

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
unless the Nets wanna tattoo Knicks on their neck, there's really nothing you could offer that could justify it even if it were acceptable from another team

and I think they should entertain moving him.
I mentioned this before but the only way I see if happening is if it’s a 3 way trade with the better player going to the Nets, the Knicks sending that 3rd team a draft haul, AND Mikal specifically saying he wants NY.

The example I gave was if KaT hits the trade market because unless the Wolves win a chip they don’t want to go into the second apron of luxury tax. If Kat goes to BK they will have the defensive pieces needed for him to focus on offense as the 1st option. That trade is so favorable to the Nets they would have to bite their tongue to do the trade.

It’s a stretch, but OG got here in spite a lawsuit and Masai openly saying he hates the Knicks.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Yea. They view Mikal as a piece that will attract a star. Which I think is really dumb. As good as Mikal is, NBA players don’t value 3&D guys like they should. Imagine if OG was all we had and we thought he could get us a star.
No they are desperate not to do a full reboot, because once that happens they officially are just a redux of the Billy King era, but lowkey worst because they had way better talent in KD, Harden, and Kyrie.

Right now they are slotted for the 8th pick, they aren’t a good team. They do have some talent but too much of it overlaps. 3 of their 5 best players are defensive oriented wings and then the 4th 5th player is Cam and Claxton.

I think a trade is possible but not for picks they would have to move Mikal for a player that fixes their talent issues.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

IF Maimi continues to slide in the next few weeks and the writing is on the wall, Pat Riley might need to do right by Butler and help him use the next few years helping a possible contender instead of wasting away at a dying Miami Heat era.
If Pat Riley believes a rebuild is necessary, and wants to give Butler that chance, is the Mia-NY rivalry still so impassioned that they'd be unwilling to take draft capital in exchange for Jimmy?

As Knicks fans, what would you do if Miami was willing to come to the table and offer Jimmy...
I think they would if it came to that. But Miami has proven time and again that the regular season is meaningless. It’s nothing for them to make the finals from the playin.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP

The Knicks wouldn't have the matching contracts to get Jimmy unless you're giving them Randle, because Miami isn't taking Fournier/Mitchell Robinson/Josh Hart.

Basically any deal for an elite superstar HAS to involve Randle

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The Knicks wouldn't have the matching contracts to get Jimmy unless you're giving them Randle, because Miami isn't taking Fournier/Mitchell Robinson/Josh Hart
I'm If they are indeed rebuilding why not? They are in it for the draft picks and would want an expiring contract player to get them.