“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Not really a fan of throwing all of those draft picks for Mikal Bridges however I think the reality of the “Superstar” coming in the off-season is not going to happen.

Giannis is staying with the Bucks , Embiid is definitely staying with Philly so the only superstar that would be available is Donovan Mitchell and Thibs is not running a two small player backcourt. It would be either or and no way you can convince me that Donavan is better than Brunson.

I think the Knicks are all in on the Brunson-Julius tandem and if Donte can really turn into a two way third option (Currently averaging 29/3/4 over the last two games) then I think the Knicks problems are already solved.

I’m still a believer in adding a real backup point guard and allowing Deuce to replace Grimes

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the 54 win 2013 Knicks would beat these Knicks in a series. If I'm Woodson I'm throwing Shump on Brunson and seeing what happens. I seen a lot of Knick teams over the years and this is one of the more cohesive ones. Y'all too young to remember Pitino's Knicks but that was a fun team and we were the 05 Suns in 1989.
Ya i think 2013 was better, and would probably win the series if they played in da first round. Second round and beyond, i dont know. They had a lot of old players. Everyone broke down at da end, even Melo was playin with badly injured shoulder

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ya i think 2013 was better, and would probably win the series if they played in da first round. Second round and beyond, i dont know. They had a lot of old players. Everyone broke down at da end, even Melo was playin with badly injured shoulder
And I thought I be over thinking shyt lol. You broke it down to the rounds they playing in :pachaha:....
...That's a good point tho
....in my scenario 2013 Knicks have a healthy (reasonably) Stat lol... so 2013 in 6.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I think the 54 win 2013 Knicks would beat these Knicks in a series. If I'm Woodson I'm throwing Shump on Brunson and seeing what happens. I seen a lot of Knick teams over the years and this is one of the more cohesive ones. Y'all too young to remember Pitino's Knicks but that was a fun team and we were the 05 Suns in 1989.
Brunson would cook Shump, Shump was a good defender but not a lockdown perimeter defender and the Knicks did not run a drop coverage, he would be left to defend Brunson on an island at the perimeter until the switch. That 54 team use to switch crazy with Tyson roaming near the basket.

I also think Melo struggles against a healthy Mitch and OG. Hibbert’s “verticality” and young defensive focused PG was killing Melo in that Indy series.

The real matchup I would want to see is Tyson Chandler vs. Big Meech.

I think this is a better team now than the 54 team, but this team has a much higher ceiling.

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Brunson would cook Shump, and I think Melo struggles against a healthy Mitch and OG. Hibbert’s “verticality” and young defensive focused PG was killing Melo in that Indy series.

I think this is a better team than the 54 team, but this team has a much higher ceiling.
When Hibbert blocked Melo's dunk attempt in the 4th quarter of game 1 on knew the Knicks would lose.
Hibbert played the best basketball of his life that playoff run and fizzled out afterward.

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
It’s hilarious that we were successfully able to do with Villanova alums what we tried to do with Kentucky alums originally.
I mean they got Quick and Randle from Kentucky. It’s a top tier feeder.

The infatuation with Villanova is a bit deeper and I been talking about before Brunson when they were bringing in guys like Spellman and Thibs lowkey runs the same offense they ran under Wright before Brunson got here.

The three teams that still define the Knicks are Thib’s Bulls (Knicks defense still sneak ICE in with the drop covereage), Villanova’s championship team (the offense), and the 2004 Pistons (you don’t need a superstar to win a chip).

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
And I don’t think they are lying either.

I still stand by the fact that if push comes to shove and they get offered a star player AND Mikal asks for a Knick Trade they will do it. They can be stubborn, but at a certain point you just got to do shyt you don’t want to do.

IF it happens

It’s not happening until earliest this Summer going into next season and they aren’t going to do it for anything the knicks have now anyway. It would have to be an overpay with pressure from Mikal to force it. A three team trade that isn’t likely to happen this season.

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
When Hibbert blocked Melo's dunk attempt in the 4th quarter of game 1 on knew the Knicks would lose.
Hibbert played the best basketball of his life that playoff run and fizzled out afterward.
I’ve never witnessed the exact moment a player peaked more than that block. It hurt my soul as a Melo fan.