“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
The play endangered our best player (regardless of his struggles last night); cut 3 FTA's from us; and rewarded the C's an extra FT...all to give KP a make-up call because they felt bad for calling the first flop.
Idk why they even need to call technicals on flops. Just stop rewarding flopping with fouls and the problem solves itself. Now because of that rule legitimate fouls are not gonna be called because they're too busy determining how someone's body should be falling and making a decision based on that.

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Can’t even trip to hard on losing this game. Our 2 best players played like shyt.

If they play better and our new signee DDV hits a few of his open 3’s, we win the game.

As long as we correct these issues going forward, we should have a great season.

We cannot lose to the hawks on Friday, considering we have a back to back on Saturday against pels

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Idk why they even need to call technicals on flops. Just stop rewarding flopping with fouls and the problem solves itself. Now because of that rule legitimate fouls are not gonna be called because they're too busy determining how someone's body should be falling and making a decision based on that.
It really was a dumb over correction. Leave the nikka on the floor looking stupid while the other team scores, i promise you his coach and teammates would have fixed that themselves.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Can’t even trip to hard on losing this game. Our 2 best players played like shyt.

If they play better and our new signee DDV hits a few of his open 3’s, we win the game.

As long as we correct these issues going forward, we should have a great season.

We cannot lose to the hawks on Friday, considering we have a back to back on Saturday against pels
How’d y’all like the rotation? Back up 4 RJ is a revelation (we’ve all been calling for for years now) and I’m sure it helped how good he looked last night. The last step to the evolution of Thibs is Randle at the 5.

Maybe we get that next season….:stopitslime:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
It’s also interesting to see Julius make a concerted effort to put himself out there more. The Stephen A joking around, the Vegas tournament commercial, the bit on Fallon… Even the quote after the loss… idk what it means for us and the organization, but he’s definitely trying to soften his image. Could just be him taking on the advice of new management…

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
It’s also interesting to see Julius make a concerted effort to put himself out there more. The Stephen A joking around, the Vegas tournament commercial, the bit on Fallon… Even the quote after the loss… idk what it means for us and the organization, but he’s definitely trying to soften his image. Could just be him taking on the advice of new management…
Some one probably told him he should be a bigger star and they were not lying…..

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
This is a good team. A deep team. Should win a lot of games this year. Still need to package some pieces for a bigger star though. I feel comfortable with the ball in Brunson's hands, but his lack of size against bigger defenders means he can't really take over a game.

And I still can't believe we caught that work from Wristflaps... embarrassing.

Definitely need to smack the sh*t outta Atlanta.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Some one probably told him he should be a bigger star and they were not lying…..
It was definitely his agent he went back to. He probably told him bro you are a two time All nba /All star player in NYC and you’re pretty much an after thought perception wise.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Brunson's hands, but his lack of size against bigger defenders means he can't really take over a game.
:dahell: what a freezing hot take I guess it doesn’t matter what he does when ever he doesn’t take over it’ll be because of his size

28 points per game in the playoffs, 28 points per game on 52/45/80 from January 1st up to the end of the season, multiple 40 point games in the playoffs isn’t enough to get respect or leeway

Most these big players don’t be taking over shyt. It’s not a size thing stop the cliches.

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
:dahell: what a freezing hot take I guess it doesn’t matter what he does when ever he doesn’t take over it’ll be because of his size

28 points per game in the playoffs, 28 points per game on 52/45/80 from January 1st up to the end of the season, multiple 40 point games in the playoffs isn’t enough to get respect or leeway
Yea. This was just a bad matchup for us up and down the roster. Probably the best defensive backcourt in the league which helps neutralize Brunson… a really good rim protecting stretch big that helps neutralizes Randle on offense and Mitch on defense and a big wing all world scorer that we just don’t have an answer for. And we lost by 4.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Yea. This was just a bad matchup for us up and down the roster. Probably the best defensive backcourt in the league which helps neutralize Brunson… a really good rim protecting stretch big that helps neutralizes Randle on offense and Mitch on defense and a big wing all world scorer that we just don’t have an answer for. And we lost by 4.
Just a bad game. Everyone has them.

Brunson barely played preseason.