“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man drops 38 and then 41 with the season on the line against a Miami defense geared to stop him and only him. Dudes is in here WYLIN lol
Brunson was the best player in the Heat series by a WIDE margin. It wasn't close. He put 31, 6, and 5 on them with hardly anyone else helping.

His defense is always gonna be flawed, but he played "true number one option" offense from January 1st on last year.
i love brunson :dame:
im asking a serious question, do you guys think he is da number option on a championship team?

He's a great player and huge upgrade over point guards we've had in da past, but he's a number 2 based on what ive seen. He is not a top 10 player in this league. Randle is probably a number 3 option

We need another guy. The sooner we all recognize this, including management, the better it will be for everyone.

James harden a few years ago was brunson on steroids and had way more help and still couldnt get it done. We need to be realistic.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who is this person that has more talent. will help hide his defensive deficiencies, that you feel should be brought in?

My opinion? how about we give this man a 2nd and/or 3rd option that don't completely shyt the bed when it matters most
we could go that route
but again, i dont believe he's a number 1 option
Dame isnt even a number 1 option lol

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
im asking a serious question, do you guys think he is da number option on a championship team?

He's a great player and huge upgrade over point guards we've had in da past, but he's a number 2 based on what ive seen. He is not a top 10 player in this league. Randle is probably a number 3 option

We need another guy. The sooner we all recognize this, including management, the better it will be for everyone.

James harden a few years ago was brunson on steroids and had way more help and still couldnt get it done. We need to be realistic.

I would love to see a list of who you feel is an "#1 option on a championship team"

Then be honest about their chance of ever suiting of for the Knicks.

At some point you have to work with the cards that you're dealt. Brunson played as well as any superstar in the league against Miami. Using how he couldnt drag us to a series win for an argument that he cant be #1 is overlooking......alot...that went wrong in that series.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

I have trouble with "number one option on a championship team" because it depends on the players around him. I can say without a doubt that Brunson played well enough last post season to be the number one option. He's outplayed Donovan Mitchell in two separate series and Jimmy Butler in one. I think both those dudes are capable of being the first option for team that makes the finals when they're cooking. So, I'd say that Brunson has that in him.

But is Brunson good enough to carry THIS team to a championship series? Not unless Randle becomes more consistent, RJ finally lives up to his draft position, or Grimes or IQ takes a leap...and even then, I'm not sure if the team can beat Boston or Milwaukee in a 7-game series.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
A team problem is RJ is our biggest wing. Holiday for Boston is bigger than our other perimeter guys including Brunson. We need a bigger athletic 3 then RJ would be by far a bully 2. Grimes would've been perfect but he's even shorter than he is. Donte, Hart, Grimes, combine them into one player with 5 more inches of height and they'd be the perfect 3. Boston wings were just physically and more athletic where even Randle is pretty neutralized. Mitch can't even do what he does because KP and Horfords 3 neutralizes him. This is for Boston and probably the Bucks specifically though so we'll see about other matchups.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have trouble with "number one option on a championship team" because it depends on the players around him. I can say without a doubt that Brunson played well enough last post season to be the number one option. He's outplayed Donovan Mitchell in two separate series and Jimmy Butler in one. I think both those dudes are capable of being the first option for team that makes the finals when they're cooking. So, I'd say that Brunson has that in him.

But is Brunson good enough to carry THIS team to a championship series? Not unless Randle becomes more consistent, RJ finally lives up to his draft position, or Grimes or IQ takes a leap...and even then, I'm not sure if the team can beat Boston or Milwaukee in a 7-game series.
jimmy butler is better then brunson though
he didnt need to take his game to another level because we kept leaving ppl open for 3 and bam was killin mitch. But we've seen what levels he can go to.

He did outplay donovon though.

Boston and mil have real star power

Expecting a dude who's barely 6 feet to lead us to a championship isnt realistic regardless of whos around him. I like him, but im thinking about the overal picture

If we had embid or someone

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
he's nice
he is da number 1 option on a championship team?
these are conversations most of u aint ready to have lol
Not sure what your definition of number one option is. If it’s leading scorer en route to a championship yes, he has shown he can be a high volume scorer and a resilient one regardless of what the defense throws at him.

This team isn’t good enough. If we had Jimmy Butler it’s possible we’d win the championship and it’d be Brunson who’d be the leading scorer en route with Jimmy being the best overall player.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
he didnt need to take his game to another level because we kept leaving ppl open for 3 and bam was killin mitch. But we've seen what levels he can go to.

Expecting a dude who's barely 6 feet to lead us to a championship isnt realistic regardless of whos around him. I like him, but im thinking about the overal picture

This obsession with height is retarded.

List the guys then. Brunson already has better playoff performances under his belt than 90% of the league.

U want to give up half our team so Embiid can choke/shrink in the second round be my guest.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Lol relax guy. Brunson has had trouble with bigger defenders his whole career. He can't take over a game against elite defenses, it just is what it is.

I love Brunson as a PG, but he's not the #1, he's a strong #2.
This was a blatant lie. Brunson was cooking Jimmy.

He doesn’t have trouble against bigger defenders. He’s too quick for them and way too crafty and he’s known as a “giant slayer” at the rim because of his floater game.

Y’all saying cliche shyt and nitpicking. There ain’t no “number one options” other than like Bron, Curry, and KD on this site.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

I think of number one options as the guys with the ball in their hands at the end of a game. Brunson is 100% capable of being that guy and keeping up with damn near anyone in this league.

But I do agree that we need a true two-way star to maximize what Brunson provides. The thing is, that two-way guy doesn't have to be the first option on offense because Brunson can handle that. A Jimmy Butler or an aged Paul George are intriguing guys, because they can win games as scorers but also they can step back and let other scorers star while they handle things like defending opponents' top guys.

That's not to say we can't find someone to be number one option ahead of Brunson. If Embiid were available, hell yeah we should push the chips in for him. But I think you can key your offense around Brunson, and build a championship challenger. Switch Herb Jones into our starting line-up, and I think they'd be an underdog vs the top contenders, but a live one.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
we could go that route
but again, i dont believe he's a number 1 option
Dame isnt even a number 1 option lol
Dame is a number one option. There’s not a player in the league who would have won with his supporting casts.

He’s going to be the guy down the stretch for Milwaukee as he was in game one.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not sure what your definition of number one option is. If it’s leading scorer en route to a championship yes, he has shown he can be a high volume scorer and a resilient one regardless of what the defense throws at him.

This team isn’t good enough. If we had Jimmy Butler it’s possible we’d win the championship and it’d be Brunson who’d be the leading scorer en route with Jimmy being the best overall player.
number option to me is best overall player. usually that's scoring, but in butler's case he's never been an aggressive scorer like that. But he hits da big shots and goes off need be.

He would be our number 1 option and brunson would be a 2.
i agree, put butler on this team and we are a real contender. We need some type of move like that to take us to da need level.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Idk how you're on this "can he lead us to a championship" kick and then turn around and say Embiid is the answer lol
lol its funny how you just dismiss the fukking league mvp like he's a scrub lmao

Am i in love with embidd? no, he definitely has his flaws. But atleast we'd be taking a risk and fukking trying for once lol What we have now it aint. And i think Joel and Bruson would play well together