“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Yes, I'm talking about the defense when I talk about his Spurs play. I've been talking about his defense being the make-or-break aspect of a trade all along. He's been 20, 5, and 5 for consecutive seasons with the Hawks and he's been above 45% from the field every year since his ACL tear. His track record is good if he plays defense like he did on the Spurs.

Reduce the offensive burden on him with Brunson and Randle nearby, and he can get back to spending extra energy on defense. Plus, he can both score and playmaker for others when teams force the ball out of Brunson's hands. Brunson's catch-and-shoot numbers are really good, and Murray can find him.

It's not swag that made him worth 3 first-round picks the last time he was traded :mjlol:. Stop it. He's a good player who just entered his prime and makes reasonable money.

The funny thing is that I agree that he's not worth trading assets for (his defense coming back isn't guaranteed). I just don't think Brogdon is worth too many assets either. Neither of those dudes is worth giving up assets when we've already got a really good team and there may be more certified all-star talent available in the offseason.
The box score stats don’t move me I mean Rozier is putting up 24/4/7 this year on a 58.5% TS more efficient than any Murray season and has shown in a reduced role in Boston to be able to get after it defensively :manny:

He’s a good player but to me not worth the risk of disrupting the ball movement we have. I just don’t see it zipping the way it is right now at this very moment as we watch this game with him.

Again he’s a good player don’t get me wrong I wouldn’t be mad if we got him and would look forward to it but I feel we have to be careful to not bring in disruptors, fit over names all day. I’m not sure it would be as seamless as Brogdon he’d fit right away. With Murray it seems like it would be more of an adjustment period. I also don’t like that he’s on the verge of leaving two teams on bad-ish terms. Again we have to be careful because we’re at the cusp of something special. Keep adding hoopers who are high character and fit the squad while keeping the most of our assets as possible.