“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
A lot of flaws with this guy argument but his biggest one is about Jalen playing off the ball. If this guy would have witnessed the third quarter of our last game vs the Wizards he wouldn’t have made this assumption. Jalen literally played off of Julius that entire third quarter and Washington just wasn’t ready for it.

Secondly, Jalen has played off the ball with Luka Doncic. Let me reiterate Jalen has played off the ball for Luka Doncic. If you can play off the ball with high efficiency with Luka, Dejounte shouldn’t be a problem. Trae young is the true definition of he needs the ball in his hands.
He played off ball with Luka and was viewed as an also ran in the league. He was just another player. Why do we want to take the ball out of his hands, something that’s he’s really fukking good with, to force the ball into Murray’s hands who isn’t as good, for the hopes that he might go back to his defensive ways and MAYBE be able to bail us out in the playoffs.

Last edited:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The biggest thing I took from the video is that it’s a gamble. It’s extremely possible that Murray is everything @Wargames says he will be for us. He comes in, plays comfortably off ball, is efficient, subs out early, runs the second unit to perfection and is a menace to teams second options down the stretch. But there’s also a chance that the opposite happens. That teams sag off him to clog the lane like they did RJ and our offense becomes stagnant. That he isn’t motivated on defense cause he’s not getting the touches the wants and everything flows through Jalen and Julius. That when he gets with the second unit he hunts his shot first and second like RJ and IQ did instead of the offensive flow we’ve been witnessing the last couple games. That he causes issues in the locker room. All that could destroy our season and the momentum we’ve built. To me it’s not worth the risk. We’re not that desperate. We have other options (hypothetically). If I can get a player about 80% as good as Murray, for a much lower cost and is almost guaranteed to fit chemistry wise, that’s the move I’m making 10/10. Go get Brogdon and call it a day.
I get that the move is a gamble. But most of those concerns feel unfounded. Murray becoming like IQ for the second-unit would be great, and Idk if there's a precedent for him becoming a cancer in the locker room. He's shooting 38% from three this season (on more attempts than Brogdon), so teams can't sag off either. He's also better on FG% overall by a comfortable margin, and the superior playmaker. The big concern is defense, everything else seems like underrating a good player.

And I say that as someone who leans toward not acquiring Murray. But if we're taking a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach, than Brogdon isn't worth trading for either. Our biggest need is one more downhill player. Brogdon's not really the solution for that need anyway.

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I get that the move is a gamble. But most of those concerns feel unfounded. Murray becoming like IQ for the second-unit would be great, and Idk if there's a precedent for him becoming a cancer in the locker room. He's shooting 38% from three this season (on more attempts than Brogdon), so teams can't sag off either. He's also better on FG% overall by a comfortable margin, and the superior playmaker. The big concern is defense, everything else seems like underrating a good player.

And I say that as someone who leans toward not acquiring Murray. But if we're taking a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach, than Brogdon isn't worth trading for either. Our biggest need is one more downhill player. Brogdon's not really the solution for that need anyway.
Yea I’m probably grasping at straws but the word is San Antonio let him go cause of his immaturity.

And I’m buying the Grimes we’ve seen recently as something he can do consistently without people in his way. I’d prefer a vet connector in the second unit, someone who’s shown that they can take over for stretches when needed but have no problem letting the younger guys rock out. I’m also buying Donte in the starting lineup as a player who can pretty consistently contribute next to Brunson and Randle.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Yea I’m probably grasping at straws but the word is San Antonio let him go cause of his immaturity.

And I’m buying the Grimes we’ve seen recently as something he can do consistently without people in his way. I’d prefer a vet connector in the second unit, someone who’s shown that they can take over for stretches when needed but have no problem letting the younger guys rock out. I’m also buying Donte in the starting lineup as a player who can pretty consistently contribute next to Brunson and Randle.
This is the right call.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
A lot of flaws with this guy argument but his biggest one is about Jalen playing off the ball. If this guy would have witnessed the third quarter of our last game vs the Wizards he wouldn’t have made this assumption. Jalen literally played off of Julius that entire third quarter and Washington just wasn’t ready for it.

Secondly, Jalen has played off the ball with Luka Doncic. Let me reiterate Jalen has played off the ball for Luka Doncic. If you can play off the ball with high efficiency with Luka, Dejounte shouldn’t be a problem. Trae young is the true definition of he needs the ball in his hands.
Valid point. I initially agreed with him but you're right.