“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

I lean toward not trading for Murray. But that's because he's going to cost some serious assets, and I think it might be worth keeping those assets until the offseason to see who shakes free (plus it gives my guys McBride and Grimes half a season to try and step up).

But I don't agree with this dude's logic. For one, Murray's efficiency is as good as it's ever been right now despite sharing duties with Young. For two, I'm annoyed he implied that Brunson's more ball-dominant than Young...Young's routinely over 30 USG each season, and Brunson's never finished a season higher than 27. More importantly, Brunson is more comfortable off-ball than Young's ever been.

Granted, I think where you fall on the "trade for Murray" discussions ought to come down to whether or not you think Murray can get back to his San Antonio Spurs level of defense. That's debatable. I think he's better than what he's done in ATL, and would fit into Thibs' scheme pretty well because of he hounds passing lanes. But, I'm looking at our success and thinking "I'd rather wait to see if Bridges or Booker demands a trade in 5 months.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I lean toward not trading for Murray. But that's because he's going to cost some serious assets, and I think it might be worth keeping those assets until the offseason to see who shakes free (plus it gives my guys McBride and Grimes half a season to try and step up).

But I don't agree with this dude's logic. For one, Murray's efficiency is as good as it's ever been right now despite sharing duties with Young. For two, I'm annoyed he implied that Brunson's more ball-dominant than Young...Young's routinely over 30 USG each season, and Brunson's never finished a season higher than 27. More importantly, Brunson is more comfortable off-ball than Young's ever been.

Granted, I think where you fall on the "trade for Murray" discussions ought to come down to whether or not you think Murray can get back to his San Antonio Spurs level of defense. That's debatable. I think he's better than what he's done in ATL, and would fit into Thibs' scheme pretty well because of he hounds passing lanes. But, I'm looking at our success and thinking "I'd rather wait to see if Bridges or Booker demands a trade in 5 months.
The biggest thing I took from the video is that it’s a gamble. It’s extremely possible that Murray is everything @Wargames says he will be for us. He comes in, plays comfortably off ball, is efficient, subs out early, runs the second unit to perfection and is a menace to teams second options down the stretch. But there’s also a chance that the opposite happens. That teams sag off him to clog the lane like they did RJ and our offense becomes stagnant. That he isn’t motivated on defense cause he’s not getting the touches the wants and everything flows through Jalen and Julius. That when he gets with the second unit he hunts his shot first and second like RJ and IQ did instead of the offensive flow we’ve been witnessing the last couple games. That he causes issues in the locker room. All that could destroy our season and the momentum we’ve built. To me it’s not worth the risk. We’re not that desperate. We have other options (hypothetically). If I can get a player about 80% as good as Murray, for a much lower cost and is almost guaranteed to fit chemistry wise, that’s the move I’m making 10/10. Go get Brogdon and call it a day.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
The biggest thing I took from the video is that it’s a gamble. It’s extremely possible that Murray is everything @Wargames says he will be for us. He comes in, plays comfortably off ball, is efficient, subs out early, runs the second unit to perfection and is a menace to teams second options down the stretch. But there’s also a chance that the opposite happens. That teams sag off him to clog the lane like they did RJ and our offense becomes stagnant. That he isn’t motivated on defense cause he’s not getting the touches the wants and everything flows through Jalen and Julius. That when he gets with the second unit he hunts his shot first and second like RJ and IQ did instead of the offensive flow we’ve been witnessing the last couple games. That he causes issues in the locker room. All that could destroy our season and the momentum we’ve built. To me it’s not worth the risk. We’re not that desperate. We have other options (hypothetically). If I can get a player about 80% as good as Murray, for a much lower cost and is almost guaranteed to fit chemistry wise, that’s the move I’m making 10/10. Go get Brogdon and call it a day.
Bro, why are you letting a worst case scenario blind you to a opportunity?

Most of what you wrote isn’t even how Dejuante operates in Atlanta and they have never been as good as the Knicks are right now since Dejuante got there. He’s shooting 39% from 3, over 45% overall

They run a man to man defense, without a single great iso defender on the roster.

I rather rely on Dejuante having a good game if Randle gets the Playoff Nips over McBride, Grimes, and DDV hitting around ten 3’s combined in a playoff game to compensate.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps

A lot of flaws with this guy argument but his biggest one is about Jalen playing off the ball. If this guy would have witnessed the third quarter of our last game vs the Wizards he wouldn’t have made this assumption. Jalen literally played off of Julius that entire third quarter and Washington just wasn’t ready for it.

Secondly, Jalen has played off the ball with Luka Doncic. Let me reiterate Jalen has played off the ball for Luka Doncic. If you can play off the ball with high efficiency with Luka, Dejounte shouldn’t be a problem. Trae young is the true definition of he needs the ball in his hands.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Bro, why are you letting a worst case scenario blind you to a opportunity?

Most of what you wrote isn’t even how Dejuante operates in Atlanta and they have never been as good as the Knicks are right now since Dejuante got there. He’s shooting 39% from 3, over 45% overall

They run a man to man defense, without a single great iso defender on the roster.

I rather rely on Dejuante having a good game if Randle gets the Playoff Nips over McBride, Grimes, and DDV hitting around ten 3’s combined in a playoff game to compensate.
And I’d rather rely on Brogdon.:yeshrug: