“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
If the Knicks are planning a deep playoff run with DDV as their 3rd scorer they are BS’ing. He‘s the guy they slot to the bench as sixth man.

The target is probably Murray with the understanding they could always package Murray and Randle for a superstar if they become available between now and next year.
The Heat made it to the Finals last year with Caleb Martin as their third leading scorer
People need to stop acting like you need All Stars all over to win in the playoffs
They literally just need Randle to show up for once and they good

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
The Heat made it to the Finals last year with Caleb Martin as their third leading scorer
People need to stop acting like you need All Stars all over to win in the playoffs
They literally just need Randle to show up for once and they good
:yeshrug: We need to improve the bench and get a real backup PG and a starting caliber 2 guard.

Mickey Kane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London, England
The thing I like about DM with us is, if we run into a zone defence, we have an additional shot creator/playmaker who can have the ball in his hands whilst Brunson works off the ball.

I still remember what Miami did to us last year, lol

We become more difficult to defend in overall with Brunson, Murray and Randle all on the floor together.

This is me hoping more than anything, but I’d find it difficult if Thibs failed to re-engage Murray defensively, especially considering we know he is capable even if there has been a regression whilst in Atlanta. He’s still only 26 right?

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
If the Knicks are planning a deep playoff run with DDV as their 3rd scorer they are BS’ing. He‘s the guy they slot to the bench as sixth man.

The target is probably Murray with the understanding they could always package Murray and Randle for a superstar if they become available between now and next year.
I think DDV should remain a starter. He plays hard, smart and creates turnovers next to a guy like OG. I would hope the plan is to integrate OG into the offense more and get him 12-15 shots a game while DDV gets around 10 shots a game like he did last night. I think that’s why Brogdon should be the move.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
The thing I like about DM with us is, if we run into a zone defence, we have an additional shot creator/playmaker who can have the ball in his hands whilst Brunson works off the ball.

I still remember what Miami did to us last year, lol

We become more difficult to defend in overall with Brunson, Murray and Randle all on the floor together.

This is me hoping more than anything, but I’d find it difficult if Thibs failed to re-engage Murray defensively, especially considering we know he is capable even if there has been a regression whilst in Atlanta. He’s still only 26 right?
You just have to not be an idiot to break a zone. I think Donte has a high basketball IQ and so does OG. That, to me, is his second best quality aside from his length. And I’m not even saying RJ is a dumb basketball player but OG really elevates the teams offense in such little ways it’s ridiculous.

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DDV is a 44% 3PT, + defender, consistently brings energy and hustle, doesn’t need touches…

He’s a better fit and would be more pivotal in a run than a sometimes shooter like Dejounte who needs the ball, who has regressed defensively.
Small sample size but the current starting five has one of the best net ratings in the league. Someone like Brogdon or Rozier would be a seamless fit off the bench

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
DDV is a 44% 3PT, + defender, consistently brings energy and hustle, doesn’t need touches…

He’s a better fit and would be more pivotal in a run than a sometimes shooter like Dejounte who needs the ball, who has regressed defensively.
DiVo is starting caliber

That’s good because a lot of contenders have starting quality players on their bench. It’s usually what separates the real contenders from the fake ones.

What is the realistic playoff roster this year

Brunson
Randle
OG
DDV
Hart
IHart
Grimes

I don’t think that is a Brogdon away from competing? Not with Jrue or the Anthony black out there waiting to give Brunson a bad night.

Brogdon is the smart move.

From his game, to mentality, to what the asking price would be.

Great replacement for IQ the guy who edged him for 6MOY.
how many contenders have said that to themselves and then realized physically they can’t rely on him even as a bench player.

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
Murray needs to be the lead guard somewhere. He almost averaged a triple double with the Spurs

I’m surprised that the Nets are not making a push for him. How you continue to trot Bumwiddie at PG is beyond me.

I would say the Pelicans are another team who could use his services.