“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Also Trae Young and Murray is not working, why would they risk doing the same with Brunson
Because DeJounte Murray vs MIA in playoffs for 23/7/7 with 2 steals per game and had only 2 TO's in 38mpg on 45/38/100 shooting.

He and Trae Young had a game where they had 25 points, five rebounds, and five assists. Trae averaged 29 pts, and 7 assist In that series. I think he could do that next to Brunson because Brunson is a better pg than Trae.

We can talk advanced stats but if the Knicks are serious about maximizing the two season window before they got to Supermax Brunson and Randle. You grab Murray. A playoff 1-4 rotation of Brunson, Murray, OG, Randle, Hart, and DDV, is tough and could upset any of the 1-4 teams right now.

Last edited:

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
The argument for Murray is more about positional size, Scoring and defense than it is for three point shooting.

The Knicks second unit not only needs playmaking but they need scoring as well. Dejounte Murray is a better scorer than Malcolm Brogdon and keeps the engine moving.

Secondly the fourth quarter is why the Knicks will probably lean towards Murray. Coach Thibs doesn’t even play Donte in the fourth quarters and he rather focus on having defense and playmaking than three point shooting. He keeps on saying positional size, positional size, positional size there’s a reason for that. Unlike Atlanta Thibs doesn’t play a lot of full man on man defense he plays a drop back zone scheme which is why Dejounte 6’10 wingspan has more appeal for Thibs.

Third about Dejounte defense. I believe his regression is due to having to guard the opponents best player (Deandre is often hurt) and making up for the disaster that is Trae young. Dejounte in this system wouldnt have to guard The best player since that’s OG job and the zone scheme fits with his wingspan.

I think the Knicks have a frame work of a deal which is why Thibs in his last press conference talked about it’s going to take time when talking about Julius and Brunson increased workload

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
The argument for Murray is more about positional size, Scoring and defense than it is for three point shooting.

The Knicks second unit not only needs playmaking but they need scoring as well. Dejounte Murray is a better scorer than Malcolm Brogdon and keeps the engine moving.

Secondly the fourth quarter is why the Knicks will probably lean towards Murray. Coach Thibs doesn’t even play Donte in the fourth quarters and he rather focus on having defense and playmaking than three point shooting. He keeps on saying positional size, positional size, positional size there’s a reason for that. Unlike Atlanta Thibs doesn’t play a lot of full man on man defense he plays a drop back zone scheme which is why Dejounte 6’10 wingspan has more appeal for Thibs.

Third about Dejounte defense. I believe his regression is due to having to guard the opponents best player (Deandre is often hurt) and making up for the disaster that is Trae young. Dejounte in this system wouldnt have to guard The best player since that’s OG job and the zone scheme fits with his wingspan.

I think the Knicks have a frame work of a deal which is why Thibs in his last press conference talked about it’s going to take time when talking about Julius and Brunson increased workload
:salute:Salute to you you big dikked motherfukker

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Also Trae Young and Murray is not working, why would they risk doing the same with Brunson
I kinda agree. My only retort is Brunson is better than Trae Young. I’m fully aware i could be biased but Brunson doesn’t hunt stats like Trae and Haliburton do in my opinion. Yes, he’s a score first guard, but i genuinely believe it’s because he knows he’s the best option a majority of the time.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not really a fair assessment of what we’re saying. Many just believe Brogdon is a seamless fit. I get the argument for both. But it’s really Brogdon plus keeping Grimes>>>>>Murray.
Brodgen is cool
i dont see da urgency to keep grimes tho
his value gets worse by da day