“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
It is clickbait but the end of the video was pretty terrible. All Gil’s personnel analysis is from 2014 and back. “Knicks have the highest payroll.” “Knicks don’t know how to draft.” “Need a star they can put on billboards.” “Get the star first than figure the rest out later.”

He literally wants us to trade for Jalen Green cause he’s handsome. That’s not an exaggeration.
I didn't get to the very end of the video. I heard about the payroll, star (all the girls in NY would buy whatever he's selling). Whatever about that. We all know that NY SHOULD BE BETTER and we're not getting what we're paying for. Management and ownership is awful. Only very recently we're seeing a small turnaround. I watched the OKC game last night and all me and the boys kept talking about was HOW THE fukk can OKC rebuild so well in a small market. MSG energy and money KILLS OKC but look at their team. Young, promising, killing it. We passed on some of those players to draft duds.

Anyways, that was a rant.

Gill mentioned Antman too. That would be the star I would try to get for us. If only we had used RJ and Quickley as pieces plus other bags to get him, I would've been far happier. We're still not contenders. I believe are dark horses though but we're still missing an ACE ACE. I like Randle but if we can upgrade him for an Antman-type that would be the move.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
It is clickbait but the end of the video was pretty terrible. All Gil’s personnel analysis is from 2014 and back. “Knicks have the highest payroll.” “Knicks don’t know how to draft.” “Need a star they can put on billboards.” “Get the star first than figure the rest out later.”

He literally wants us to trade for Jalen Green cause he’s handsome. That’s not an exaggeration.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I didn't get to the very end of the video. I heard about the payroll, star (all the girls in NY would buy whatever he's selling). Whatever about that. We all know that NY SHOULD BE BETTER and we're not getting what we're paying for. Management and ownership is awful. Only very recently we're seeing a small turnaround. I watched the OKC game last night and all me and the boys kept talking about was HOW THE fukk can OKC rebuild so well in a small market. MSG energy and money KILLS OKC but look at their team. Young, promising, killing it. We passed on some of those players to draft duds.

Anyways, that was a rant.

Gill mentioned Antman too. That would be the star I would try to get for us. If only we had used RJ and Quickley as pieces plus other bags to get him, I would've been far happier. We're still not contenders. I believe are dark horses though but we're still missing an ACE ACE. I like Randle but if we can upgrade him for an Antman-type that would be the move.
Yea, again, all that shyt is dated. Everything Arenas and you are complaining about the team is finally doing. Since Leon and co have come on board they’ve put together a really good team. We can’t force Anthony Edwards to be available. We could offer 9 picks, Brunson, RJ, IQ, Mitch, take Rudy Goberts contract off their hands and they’d still say no. That’s how valuable Ant is.

Our one shot at getting an Ant level prospect was in 2019 when we got the 3rd pick and missed out on Zion and Ja. Arenas belief that you get that guy and then build around him is certainly a philosophy but it’s not fool proof at all and this management has decided that building a competitive team first, remaining flexible and seeing if a star shakes loose is way more enjoyable as a fan.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
There's a reason now that the Rockets are actually trying to win games and not lose 60 games a year that Green's minutes have nosedived.

He can score(very inefficiently) but does absolutely nothing else positive on a basketball court. Doesn't rebound, play defense or pass.
Which was Arenas MO. He only likes players that played like him :russ:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Yea, again, all that shyt is dated. Everything Arenas and you are complaining about the team is finally doing. Since Leon and co have come on board they’ve put together a really good team. We can’t force Anthony Edwards to be available. We could offer 9 picks, Brunson, RJ, IQ, Mitch, take Rudy Goberts contract off their hands and they’d still say no. That’s how valuable Ant is.

Our one shot at getting an Ant level prospect was in 2019 when we got the 3rd pick and missed out on Zion and Ja. Arenas belief that you get that guy and then build around him is certainly a philosophy but it’s not fool proof at all and this management has decided that building a competitive team first, remaining flexible and seeing if a star shakes loose is way more enjoyable as a fan.

I can't remember who it was, but I heard a former player talking about the deal with a good take. He said most teams in the NBA will get a star and build their team around that star. But the Knicks without a star have built a roster around the coach and scheme. It's a really good observation and I feel that's accurate.

This team has been carved out more and more in Thibodeau's vision with every season. Bad fits were let go or replaced with better fits (even the good players). Now they still need a star or at least one more big piece to complete the picture, but I think they'll have a much easier time drawing interest with a roster that's close to contention.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I can't remember who it was, but I heard a former player talking about the deal with a good take. He said most teams in the NBA will get a star and build their team around that star. But the Knicks without a star have built a roster around the coach and scheme. It's a really good observation and I feel that's accurate.

This team has been carved out more and more in Thibodeau's vision with every season. Bad fits were let go or replaced with better fits (even the good players). Now they still need a star or at least one more big piece to complete the picture, but I think they'll have a much easier time drawing interest with a roster that's close to contention.
Randle isn’t really a Thibs guy though to his credit made it work. Aside from him, he really recreated his Bulls team:

Brunson=Rose
Donte=Hinrich
OG=Deng
Randle =\= Taj
Hartenstein sorta = Noah

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
You get Brogdon at the deadline and they could be right in that tier with Milwaukee, Philly and Boston. Getting OG and then Brogdon feels like a Derrick White move
Do you get Brogdon or Murray in hopes that you can flip Murray for something over the summer. *looks at Devin Booker