“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
He plays good man to man defense. It’s his help and Transition defense that’s mid.
NOT MAKING EXCUSES, but that’s a lot better than most. I saw a discussion on Twitter about how Mikal’s defense has seemed to fall off a cliff and people pointed out how much harder it is to give maximum effort on that end when you have to also carry a significant part of the offensive load.

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
NOT MAKING EXCUSES, but that’s a lot better than most. I saw a discussion on Twitter about how Mikal’s defense has seemed to fall off a cliff and people pointed out how much harder it is to give maximum effort on that end when your have to also carry a significant part of the offensive load.

Yeah for sure. Randle’s issue sometimes is that he’s so accustomed to arguing with refs on one end and gets back late on the other end. He needs to stop doing that shyt or at least limit it.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Yeah for sure. Randle’s issue sometimes is that he’s so accustomed to arguing with refs on one end and gets back late on the other end. He needs to stop doing that shyt or at least limit it.
Yea. It’s all mental with him. His game is so ugly but it’s effective as hell when he’s not in his head.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
NOT MAKING EXCUSES, but that’s a lot better than most. I saw a discussion on Twitter about how Mikal’s defense has seemed to fall off a cliff and people pointed out how much harder it is to give maximum effort on that end when you have to also carry a significant part of the offensive load.
Mikal situation can also be unhappiness as well. He stays reminiscing over Phoenix. I don’t think he’s happy at all in Brooklyn

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

I've talked about this before with regards to the protected Wizards pick. Bad teams don't typically stay bad for half a decade. Their GM's have to make moves to win or wind up fired. Both squads are bottoming out and we've got swap options on the Wizards pick until 2026 (top-8 protection in the final year) and the Pistons pick until 2027 (top-9 protection).

There are only 4 teams in the league that have missed the playoffs more than 3 years in a row, and 4 teams that have missed the playoffs 3 years in a row. It's not all that common for a team to be complete ass for 5 years running, which is what Washington would be doing. The lack of teams sucking for long stretches makes sense too. GM's can't just build teams to suck long-term. They have to show progression to avoid getting fired.

Plus that's using making the playoffs as a barometer. They could miss the playoffs and still have the pick convey. They don't need to draft the next Giannis to avoid being a bottom ten once in a three-year span. They just need a desperate gm with a crapload of cap space that needs to show his owner results. They're in a pretty good position to have that happen.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Mikal situation can also be unhappiness as well. He stays reminiscing over Phoenix. I don’t think he’s happy at all in Brooklyn
That’s still the missing piece :bryan:

Edit: man, hold the fukk up… if we can trade with the raptors during a lawsuit… we can definitely manifest a Bridges trade brehs. I’m just skimming through Nets Reddit and a lot of fans feel like he can be had for the right price. They’ve soured on him a bit and feel like his value was at an all time high over the summer. I’m not even joking when I say I’d offer 5 firsts for him. They can’t say no to an offer like that.

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

I've talked about this before with regards to the protected Wizards pick. Bad teams don't typically stay bad for half a decade. Their GM's have to make moves to win or wind up fired. Both squads are bottoming out and we've got swap options on the Wizards pick until 2026 (top-8 protection in the final year) and the Pistons pick until 2027 (top-9 protection).

Part of the value to me with those picks have always been when those teams get desperate and want to make a big trade. They might give us something more enticing in order to take the protections off since it limits the amount of picks they can put in a deal.