“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
We’re all Knicks fans so it’s cool for us but if I’m Rudy Gobert I would have to see Hartenstein outside for the disrespect.

Three blocks and all of them were disrespectful

Clippers letting him go for nothing is pretty absurd. Proof positive that most of these organizations don’t face half the scrutiny the Knicks do.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Much love to RJ and IQ
i watched da raptor game after ours and it confirmed why i was 100 percent down for this trade. (They both played well btw)

I don't have personal attachments to any of these players...i want whats best for the team and bringing in OG Was da necessary move.

necessary to lose in the first round?

thanks again brehs :blessed:

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way
Clippers letting him go for nothing is pretty absurd. Proof positive that most of these organizations don’t face half the scrutiny the Knicks do.
they didnt let him go for nothing. they're consistently at the top of the league in salary. they literally couldnt afford his 8 million when they're paying zubac 10+ while being saddled with multiple max contracts lol
we just saw him look like a backup center the last few nights....the commitment to him wouldnt be worth it financially. if they're a hartenstein away from a championship with all them max players something went wrong.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
they didnt let him go for nothing. they're consistently at the top of the league in salary. they literally couldnt afford his 8 million when they're paying zubac 10+ while being saddled with multiple max contracts lol
we just saw him look like a backup center the last few nights....the commitment to him wouldnt be worth it financially. if they're a hartenstein away from a championship with all them max players something went wrong.
Good point. Idk why i thought they had his bird rights.

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Is there anyway to re-sign ihart since we don't have bird rights? I assume he's gonna get a decent sized contract. Or will this be the off-season where we decide between him and mitch? I'd prefer mitch but him getting injured all the time does make it a conversation

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Is there anyway to re-sign ihart since we don't have bird rights? I assume he's gonna get a decent sized contract. Or will this be the off-season where we decide between him and mitch? I'd prefer mitch but him getting injured all the time does make it a conversation
I think this trade probably made it more possible than it was prior, but I'm not sure. When OG opts out, I assume he'll have a high cap hold; but I doubt it's higher than IQ's cap hold combined with RJ's contract. So theoretically, they could sign Hartenstein first then go over the cap to re-sign OG.

Derek Lee

#thunderup
Supporter
Daps

They used the MLE on Wall instead of Hartenstein. He wanted to stay in LA