“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Waiting for a write up from @storyteller now
I'll have the full recap set up to drop with the KFTV newsletter tomorrow. But the Cliff's Notes:
- OG just showed exactly why he's a perfect fit. The defense looked different, and his scoring without needing the ball is a game changer next to Brunson/Randle.

- Randle bookended the game with fantastic play. But he's starting to run into turnover problems again, which hurt his contributions in the middle quarters.

- Brunson shot horribly, and the Knicks still won thanks to the new-look defense. I had a note in my last recap that Brunson would still be crowded but get higher assist tallies, and he set a season-high for assists with 14 today.

- Divincenzo/Grimes/Hart is like a constant dose of energy. They all attacked, hit shots, and played defense in ways that compliment the key guys.

- Hartenstein's defensive impact in the middle was massive.

- Thibodeau sticking undersized Precious against gigantic Rudy Gobert in the second half was setting a new guy up to fail. Precious can be a decent hustle guy against backups, but this wasn't the right way to get production out of him.

- Grimes should get a few more of Josh Hart's minutes. If Deuce is only gonna get 2 minutes a half, DiVincenzo should just take those minutes.

- This wasn't even the team's final form. Brunson hitting his usual looks would have made this a blowout.

FishNGrits

Superstar
Daps
I'll have the full recap set up to drop with the KFTV newsletter tomorrow. But the Cliff's Notes:
- OG just showed exactly why he's a perfect fit. The defense looked different, and his scoring without needing the ball is a game changer next to Brunson/Randle.

- Randle bookended the game with fantastic play. But he's starting to run into turnover problems again, which hurt his contributions in the middle quarters.

- Brunson shot horribly, and the Knicks still won thanks to the new-look defense. I had a note in my last recap that Brunson would still be crowded but get higher assist tallies, and he set a season-high for assists with 14 today.

- Divincenzo/Grimes/Hart is like a constant dose of energy. They all attacked, hit shots, and played defense in ways that compliment the key guys.

- Hartenstein's defensive impact in the middle was massive.

- Thibodeau sticking undersized Precious against gigantic Rudy Gobert in the second half was setting a new guy up to fail. Precious can be a decent hustle guy against backups, but this wasn't the right way to get production out of him.

- Grimes should get a few more of Josh Hart's minutes. If Deuce is only gonna get 2 minutes a half, DiVincenzo should just take those minutes.

- This wasn't even the team's final form. Brunson hitting his usual looks would have made this a blowout.
Missed the game to celebrate my girls aunt birthday.

That’s what I like to hear :whew:

Go Knicks!!!!!

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I'm going give Thibbs the benefit of the doubt here, because he's probably used to sticking "skilled" undersized big like Gibson out there and not having to worry as much