“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
How do you get him?
I'm kind of lost on what salaries we can still move. But I'm thinking a sign-and-trade of Precious plus one of our exceptions to make up the difference.

I don't think it would take much to land him. I'd also give Charlotte a call about Nick Richards, just in case.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I'm kind of lost on what salaries we can still move. But I'm thinking a sign-and-trade of Precious plus one of our exceptions to make up the difference.

I don't think it would take much to land him. I'd also give Charlotte a call about Nick Richards, just in case.
Richards should be able to be traded into our exception right?

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I blame Silver and the new CBA for losing Ihart; it was an overreaction to what happened in Golden State, and now it feels like we're getting punished for good scouting and giving Ihart a chance essentially. Silver is ass at his job.
This isn't a product of the new CBA or has anything to do with the aprons. This rule has been around for a minute. Without bird rights, you can only resign a player for a percentage increase of what they previously made. It's to stop capped teams for signing minimum guys and then giving them a max contract the next year.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Goga passes (3 assists per 36 minutes), defends (4 stocks per 36 minutes, very good rim protector), rebounds (11 boards per 36 minutes)

He’s flirted with a three ball and fouls a lot (so did I-Hart before he got here and Mitch at one point, Thibs can coach it out of him). He’s a good option for 15-20 minutes that brings some of what I-Hart brought to the table

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This isn't a product of the new CBA or has anything to do with the aprons. This rule has been around for a minute. Without bird rights, you can only resign a player for a percentage of what they previously made. It's to stop capped teams for signing minimum guys and then giving them a max contract the next year.
Yeah you right actually, I just want someone to be mad at I wasn't thinking mb:mjcry:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Yeah you right actually, I just want someone to be mad at I wasn't thinking mb:mjcry:
We should be mad at Silver for the apron's though. It wouldn't change the IHart situation, but it's gonna fukk us the minute we get Mikal. It also hurt us during the draft, forcing us to grab all those second rounders just to have cheap roster spots.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
Losing IHart sucks but what Mitch provides when he's on the court is harder to replicate. Word to Embiid's and half of his face going to work whenever he was out.

People were questioning whether IHart was a better fit than Jericho Sims a year ago, sad to see him go but I have faith in our staff to make another Hov from somewhere

If Ainge wasn't such a fukkin ho, I'd say get on the phone with Utah and see whats up with Kessler immediately

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Honestly, we should be flattered that's how much it took to get IHart to leave us. I was assuming he'd leave for Jarrett Allen money, not damn near Bam Adebayo money (pre extension)
It should make someone take a flyer too. IHart came here and left to that deal. It really depends on where the FO is going.