“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mitch is the starter again which will gum up the works offensively for the starters. They might look to trade him now for another starting Center. If they don’t, they still need to find a better back up than Sims.
Mo Wagner provides plenty of scoring punch off the bench. 11 points a game in just over 15min

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
You’re sleeping on passing from the 5 but even then, whose his backup

We won't need that kind of passing from the 5 if every other position is on point. Every team doesn't need a jokic. He will be missed though. But like @RickyGQ suggestesd Randle as backup for some some minutes, precious, OG can also guard 1-5 effectively.

It should all work out honestly. I see the knicks starting lineup being capable of taking teams out of the game within the first quarter. OG and Mikal clamping the opposing teams best players on D while camping on the perimeter on offense as Randle/Brunson draw double teams and kick it out. Mitch getting rebounds and blocks if you do get past OG and bridges. Jalen Brunson was able to do whatever he wanted on the court with 95% of the league. Randle getting busy in the paint. This is kind of a super team without being a super team lowkey

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
You’re sleeping on passing from the 5 but even then, whose his backup
That's a lot less important when Randle is healthy and playing. Mikal should alleviate some (not all but some) of the need for a playmaking five as well, since he spent last season creating for himself and can be picky about it this time.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
We won't need that kind of passing from the 5 if every other position is on point. Every team doesn't need a jokic. He will be missed though. But like @RickyGQ suggestesd Randle as backup for some some minutes, precious, OG can also guard 1-5 effectively.

It should all work out honestly. I see the knicks starting lineup being capable of taking teams out of the game within the first quarter. OG and Mikal clamping the opposing teams best players on D while camping on the perimeter on offense as Randle/Brunson draw double teams and kick it out. Mitch getting rebounds and blocks if you do get past OG and bridges. Jalen Brunson was able to do whatever he wanted on the court with 95% of the league. Randle getting busy in the paint. This is kind of a super team without being a super team lowkey
Thibs isn’t playing small ball. idk what they habe planned but i am assuming they have a plan.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I wish the Suns were ready for a rebuild. I would trade them picks for Jusuf Norkic in a heartbeat right now.

See, I don't want to trade Mitch. I love him. I just hate relying on players who aren't durable.

fukk any mention of the circus of Dwight Howard. Although, if we signed him, I'd root for him.

Anyone else out there that we could possibly snatch up? This worries me.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Nah... this is the best thing possible for mitch. 4 dudes capable of being offense options and a defensive beast in the middle. Not to mention OG is a defensive beast in his own right and Bridges gonna be hounding dudes too. We don't need hartenstein throwing floaters if we have Randle, OG, Bridges, Brunson on the floor with him. There is a such thing as too much sauce. Mitch will be open for some lobs and can focus on pure defense. Get them offensive rebounds and kick the ball out.

Pistons were good with Ben Wallace. Not saying mitch is big Ben or the knicks are the pistons. But this myth of having to have an offensive threat at every position is just that.
You're thinking about IHart's impact all wrong. The fact that you could legitimately keep him away from the basket on offense, off his passing ability alone, kept the lane open for everyone else. Mitch and Julius will still clash. To me, the adjustment has to be more Mitch lobs. If he stays a used threat at the rim then that leaves the mid range open up bit more for Julius and Brunson to drive and kick.

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wish the Suns were ready for a rebuild. I would trade them picks for Jusuf Norkic in a heartbeat right now.

See, I don't want to trade Mitch. I love him. I just hate relying on players who aren't durable.

fukk any mention of the circus of Dwight Howard. Although, if we signed him, I'd root for him.

Anyone else out there that we could possibly snatch up? This worries me.
He hasn't really been that throughout his career either

lib123

All Star
Daps
He’s not a back up he was our starting center most of the season and would be our best center he was still underutilized there is more to him.

I would rather roll the dice with Mitch paying him $14M vs I Hart at $30M. If you’re paying a center that much in the modern NBA he should be top 5-7 in the league. It only makes sense for a team like the Thunder who needs to reach the salary floor to pay him that much.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
He hasn't really been that throughout his career either
Damn, you're right. Sigh.

What are our options?
The good thing is we don't need a Center who can score AT ALL.

We need someone who
  • Can stay on the court
  • Grab offensive rebounds
  • Catch a pass consistently without fumbling it
  • Has satisfactory level passing ability. (No need to be Hart level passing.)
What are the centers out there like that? Even with 3 of the four mentioned.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I would rather roll the dice with Mitch paying him $14M vs I Hart at $30M. If you’re paying a center that much in the modern NBA he should be top 5-7 in the league. It only makes sense for a team like the Thunder who needs to reach the salary floor to pay him that much.
I don't think you realize how bad the center position is.