Victoria (2015) - MOTY Contender! 138 minute German thriller drama shot in a SINGLE take!

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
I thought it was a great film. I was shocked how well the actors connected while switching from german to english and back. They felt like real people and the camera also felt at a member of the group at times.

SPOILERS

The things that bothered me are

The car stalling :comeon:

The characters are not consisted how drunk/high they are. Sometimes they seem sober. Like when they went into the club after the robbery they acted like they never been so drunk/high and started getting naked in the matter of mins while when were outside they looked relatively normal.

I felt like it was kinda forced how the robbery was set up. If the dude really wanted the money he should plan for more then 5 mins and not included a person he's never seen or heard of or know the name of.

Stealing €50000 to get €10000, why? Why not have him owe €50000?

I thought major shyt would go down when Victoria went to get the hotel room because it was the only time (I think) the camera wasn't within 5-10 feet of her

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Really enjoyed it.

I think what helped me the most is that I did NOT watch the trailer or know anything about the movie (other than it being in done in one take.)

The first hour or so I was
afraid she was about to be raped

Then it goes where I never would have guessed. The "celebration scene" and what happened right afterwards was some of the best filmmaking I've seen.

Really Good movie. :ehh:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I read on IMDB that they filmed it 3 times straight. The last time was the one they used. Originally it was going to be based mostly on the 4 guys. Then someone suggested they either needed to cut the Victoria character or make her the lead. Ole girl got cast and they shifted the movie.

The acting all across the board was really impressive. The Piano scene is great...although it does seem dubbed. But you kind of get over it because how well she sold it.