Victoria (2015) - MOTY Contender! 138 minute German thriller drama shot in a SINGLE take!

Pseudo

All Star
Daps
I want to watch this film so bad. I want to add another one to my decade list, hope it's good enough.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
The opening scene where she offers to buy the barman a drink, and the convo about why she's there and how many people she knows, tells you precisely why, breh. She's in a foreign city with no friends and her dreams are pretty over and she is desperate to get to know someone (again, she offered to buy the barman a drink, think about that). It might be a bit of a stretch that she would go along with them that deep into the abyss they're into, but that's the core motivation behind all her actions and all the suspense of belief the movie offers you given the short timespan of the movie.

And regarding Laia Costa's looks, that's that classic difference between a euro girl's natural look and some professional make-up/hairstyling that accentuates their facial bone structure.

The kind of sorcery that makes a girl go from:

FCIvHpJ.jpg

to:

FSPm3Si.jpg

:lupe:
From busted to average? Makeup and hair

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
That opening scene really kind of fukked me up no lie. I was disoriented for like 20 minutes I must have missed that

After she comes of the dancefloor and before she heads out, she orders a drink and offers one to the bartender as well (he rejects her). It's a subtle but all-telling moment, breh.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
After she comes of the dancefloor and before she heads out, she orders a drink and offers one to the bartender as well (he rejects her). It's a subtle but all-telling moment, breh.
If i saw Boxer in real life, I would cross the street

Books

Rookie
Daps
Mauro, my MAN! Ho-ly shyt, I just finished watching this and it was so fukking INCREDIBLE :banderas:

The opening scene, the cafe piano playing, the robbery getaway...Goddamn, I loved every second of this piff :blessed:

After I saw Fury Road, I was convinced no other movie would top it for 2015, but this might be the one!!

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Mauro, my MAN! Ho-ly shyt, I just finished watching this and it was so fukking INCREDIBLE :banderas:

The opening scene, the cafe piano playing, the robbery getaway...Goddamn, I loved every second of this piff :blessed:

After I saw Fury Road, I was convinced no other movie would top it for 2015, but this might be the one!!

I tell no lies, you should know this by now.*

That piano scene is pure :wow:, it would already be :whew: in every other movie but the fact it takes place in the middle of a two hour plus one take...wow!:wow:

*except when I do, which is regularly.

Books

Rookie
Daps
I tell no lies, you should know this by now.*

That piano scene is pure :wow:, it would already be :whew: in every other movie but the fact it takes place in the middle of a two hour plus one take...wow!:wow:

*except when I do, which is regularly.
The one take was great, it gave the whole film a brilliant feeling of forward momentum.