• Mcnabb

Votes: 48 82.8%

• Total voters

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Vick missed 4 games in 2010 (and was a backup the first half of game 1 and missed the 2nd hal against the Redskins the first time they played)

However, if you extrapolate his #s over 16 games he would have had 4000/1000 in a season. He was that incredible that year. McNabb was amazing in 04, but Vick was better in 2010. It seemed like the beginning of 4 or 5 year run of dominance, but then his body starting breaking down.

The more I think about it it's really impossible for me to say either one had an indisputably better peak. Imagining Vick with a prime TO is scary. We never got to see a prime Vick either which is a real shame for all fans of football and just greatness in general cause that man would've changed the game and the position forever.

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LMAO. Stop just stop. He showed nothing close to being one of the best ever. Ya'll take this Vick shyt to anotha level

My man in 2010 he was as good a passer as almost anyone in the league and could run the ball like a RB. This was him past his physical prime and out of the league for 2 seasons I believe.

If he would've been drafted by a coach interested in developing him as a passer and didn't miss his prime physical years he would've been throwing for 3500-4000 yards and rushing for 1000+ yards a season, how would a few seasons of those numbers not qualify him for the GOAT conversation?

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
The more I think about it it's really impossible for me to say either one had an indisputably better peak. Imagining Vick with a prime TO is scary. We never got to see a prime Vick either which is a real shame for all fans of football and just greatness in general cause that man would've changed the game and the position forever.
I feel like Iverson and Vick are similar in a lot of ways. They probably were always meant to physically break down once they hit 30. However, Iverson maximized enough of his potential to have a HOF career (could have been even better if he took care of his body). Vick only really showed flashes of his potential and was not as consistent. 2002 and 2010 both seemed like he was on the brink of greatness. However, in between that time he didn't focus on the right things, dealt with Jim Mora, got locked up. We finally saw him again at the beginning of the end of his athletic prime.

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel like Iverson and Vick are similar in a lot of ways. They probably were always meant to physically break down once they hit 30. However, Iverson maximized enough of his potential to have a HOF career (could have been even better if he took care of his body). Vick only really showed flashes of his potential and was not as consistent. 2002 and 2010 both seemed like he was on the brink of greatness. However, in between that time he didn't focus on the right things, dealt with Jim Mora, got locked up. We finally saw him again at the beginning of the end of his athletic prime.

Iverson and Vick is definitely a solid comparison. I don't know for sure because I don't know enough about them at the time but it seems like the Falcons were ok with just letting Vick do his own thing and if that's the case it's really a shame that they didn't make it a point to develop him more as a pocket passer, though as a grown man if Vick was concerned and motivated enough to do it, he could've worked on it on his own and that would've been incredible to see.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Iverson and Vick is definitely a solid comparison. I don't know for sure because I don't know enough about them at the time but it seems like the Falcons were ok with just letting Vick do his own thing and if that's the case it's really a shame that they didn't make it a point to develop him more as a pocket passer, though as a grown man if Vick was concerned and motivated enough to do it, he could've worked on it on his own and that would've been incredible to see.
Low key if Vick had Russell Wilson self motivation then Vick would have been one of the GOATs.

Supreme365

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC
Vick didn't have a better peak, but that's only because he got cheated out of his prime physical years.

I'm a lifelong Eagles' fan grew up in Philly, I watched McNabb's whole career, and saw the whole 2010 season with Vick. Vick was the most dynamic and exciting QB probably ever, but McNabb was a superior player and reached a higher peak than Vick did.

McNabb had 1 good receiver his whole career and that only lasted 1 season, in 2010 Vick had DJack, Maclin and Lesean McCoy, a prime McNabb with those weapons probably would've won a Super Bowl.

Mcnabb had those weapons in 09

Boolean

APIDTA
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY ENTERTAINMENT
McNabb is obviously the better QB and probably the greatest QB in NFC East history :mjpls:

that being said Vick is responsible for Miracle at the New Meadowlands which is my favorite Eagle moment of all time :manny:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
My man in 2010 he was as good a passer as almost anyone in the league and could run the ball like a RB. This was him past his physical prime and out of the league for 2 seasons I believe.

If he would've been drafted by a coach interested in developing him as a passer and didn't miss his prime physical years he would've been throwing for 3500-4000 yards and rushing for 1000+ yards a season, how would a few seasons of those numbers not qualify him for the GOAT conversation?
ahh because there's no guarantee he would been doing those numbers year in and out and he showed more inconsistency then anything. Take a look at Cam and Colin...Having one hot year doesnt mean he's gonna have several.

Had he shown signs of being an elite QB in his prime before getting fukked then yea u got a good point. He was a freak of nature who played at the QB position. His throwing was horrid.

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mcnabb had those weapons in 09

McCoy and Maclin were rookies and McNabb was almost washed in 09. Still threw for 3500 yards 22 tds and only 10 ints in 14 games and went 10-4 in those games. In 2010 with McCoy and Maclin in their 2nd year, Vick threw for 3100 yds 21 tds and 6 ints and went 8-4 as the starter. That was considered Vick's peak, 09 McNabb was far from his peak.

Supreme365

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC
McNabb is obviously the better QB and probably the greatest QB in NFC East history :mjpls:

that being said Vick is responsible for Miracle at the New Meadowlands which is my favorite Eagle moment of all time :manny:

I can't think of an NFC east qb better than mcnabb :patrice:

I'm a cowboys fan and I personally don't think aikman got shyt on mcnabb