Vice ETHERED Troy Ave UPDATE: (Troy Responds In Angie Martinez Interview)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
That's the thing. Most people don't have a problem with his music in general. His raps aren't exactly terrible. Everyone agrees that it's his character (the one he created) that makes him so unbearable.
I agree and I hate his character but I hate the person (on people like this guy) who called him out on it more

Not comparing him to this, but just giving an example, It's sorta like if a pedophile calls out a killer. Yeah, he's right that a killer is a bad person but I have more of an issue with the person it's coming from

Daps
Reppin
Oakland CA
A columnist that's suppose to be discussing MUSIC not take personal shots

And if you want to take personal shots, don't be surprised when nikkas cave your walls in. This is rap music not the Opera. Not saying nikkas can't have opinions but if you're gonna be that boisterous about a nikka and take it further than just discussing the music just be sure you can stand by those words when you see him.

Since when did we give a shyt about journalists taking personal shots? that's been going on since the early Source days... You either have a personal connection to Troy Ave or u from NYC or you hate that a CAC just ethered your hometown hero :yeshrug:

2manyFCKNrappers

mentally i measure kilos
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I agree and I hate his character but I hate the person (on people like this guy) who called him out on it more

Not comparing him to this, but just giving an example, It's sorta like if a pedophile calls out a killer. Yeah, he's right that a killer is a bad person but I have more of an issue with the person it's coming from

Yes, but we're talking about someone who is trying to make it in the music BUSINESS. To be successful your persona and music go hand in hand. There are plenty of musicians who have great music with bad attitudes or horrible, overrated personas, which cripples them. Troy Ave is unable to be successful in the business because of the way he feels about himself and that's the point I think the writer is trying to make. I believe in this day and age, you can have an opinion on the person or persona because it is apart of the package and goes along with how transparent the game has become.

2manyFCKNrappers

mentally i measure kilos
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
that's not even dissing Bleek

he's right, what other rapper but Troy Ave is so disconnected that he thinks getting a Bleek feature is helpful to his career

People could've said the same thing when Wiz signed Juicy J 3 years ago. I felt like this guy was just trying to throw Bleek under the bus for no reason. It won't matter to the majority of new fans of the game, but Bleek has paid his dues and had a decent run. No need to slander him because he agreed to do a verse with Troy. Bleek himself probably thought it would be a good look for him.