Valedictorian rips school staff and calls out teacher for "alcoholism" in graduation speech

One

Moreese Bickham with the pistol
Daps
Blaming teachers for the fukked up education system is like blaming low-level drug dealers for the overall drug problem.

In fact, it's even worse to blame the teachers, because most people get into teaching thinking they can change the system. After years of being shytted on from every direction, and being ymade to do all types of bureaucratic shyt, people become rightfully jaded.
You're applying that too broadly. Sure they lack more power than what they desire in a cog, who doesn't. No excuse for being inebriated at work.

If you truly believed that then there's no way you can object to what this student is saying because it means they're in the system as well, so their behavior should be excused too. Why can you explicitly acknowledge it as poorly arranged system, but they can't?

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
Blaming teachers for the fukked up education system is like blaming low-level drug dealers for the overall drug problem.

In fact, it's even worse to blame the teachers, because most people get into teaching thinking they can change the system. After years of being shytted on from every direction, and being made to do all types of bureaucratic shyt, people become rightfully jaded.
That line of thinking implies that dirty cops shouldn’t be held accountable for their actions as well

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Inappropriate

But she won’t realize this until she’s the boss and someone does it to her.

Exactly. If the shyt was a problem all along, cry to mommy and daddy during the school year instead of picking the worst possible moment to be a whiny little bytch.

She’s gonna get older and realize that most adults drink, some drink at work, MANY drink after work and a few legit have drinking problems that won’t ever go away. She will likely fall Into one of these categories.

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
You sound ignorant. Yes it’s a public school. The same kind of public schools millions of black kids receive their education daily. When these schools fails these students like they failed here, you’ll be the first pointing the finger at some faceless white man. We got the culprits right here. She’s pointing them out.
I'm not saying anything about what this staff did was right at all. But we never had scholarship guidance at my school. Literally I remember my favorite teacher said it's because in college it's all on YOU, so you should be the one putting in the effort. I definitely had people to talk to but I was online looking up every scholarship I could after work in high school.

And yes, public school fails kids but they also fail teachers. I know a lot of young teachers in their mid to late 20s personally, they're miserable. I would say 70% spend a lot of their personal money to buy these kids school supplies and then they come to prom in a benz. Or stay overtime everyday to help these kids. Don't get summers off like promised. And shyt in 2019, they beating up teachers and got 10 kids filming it and becoming a meme. It's broken, but this bish made hundreds of graduating seniors' day that was supposed to be about their future into a controversy. It's corny. Should have been brought up early in her senior year to a superior.

Kane1

Superstar
Daps
View media item 12439
Did people read the article.

This wasn't some underachiever that dropped a bomb on the school.

The girl was top of the class aka best the school had to offer.

If you got your best student saying your school staff have serious issues I think that's something that needs to be investigated regardless of whether or not it was said publicly:ld:

They don't get it.....too busy kissing the ass of the man 'she shouldn't rock the boat' ass niccas :hhh:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Yea, when my daughter graduated high school this Indian kid was the valedictorian and basically said the same shyt. I mean appropriate or not it is indicative of the US school system. Instead of shaming the girl, maybe we should see how the system can change.

Ricky Fontaine

Superstar
Daps
I know how she feels because I went through similar shyt and things like that fukk you up more at that age because you are so powerless.

If any highschool kids reading this dont do AP classes do Clep exams and Dual enrollment

THIS!!! +rep

AP classes will boosts the schools profile and lower YOUR GPA. You're basically selling yourself out for a school that doesn't give af what happens to you as soon as you walk out the door

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
The article said her comments were met with shock and awe. So it seems to me that her entire senior class and probably parents agreed with her, and the Valedictorian had the guts to speak up.

That's one of the good things about the current generation. Yeah, they may be easily offended over the most trivial shyt, but as a result the current generation, some of them anyway, are emboldened to call people out on their bullshyt a lot quicker.