ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
Shawn sabotaged him but to be fair his style was rough and I can’t blame guys not wanting to get killed by a dude every night

still he could of been booked so much better and seems crazy to me they couldn’t book him as a monster in the attitude era

What's crazy though Vader, was slaughtering Undertaker like crazy in late '96 - early '97 shyt he even beat Bret Hart on a special edition of RAW.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I'm surprised for as good as a big man Vader was for his time, he didn't get the WWF Title. HBK/HHH's politics fukked up a lot of people's run in WWF.

Vader won a World Title every promotion he was in but got fukked over b/c of backstage politics. Shawn's first title reign should have been done by the summer of '96. Vader wins the title, holds it until SSeries, drops it to Sid.

was it the politics tho?

the original plan was for vader to beat HBK and then drop the belt to the warrior.

I figured they just decided to keep the belt on HBK once the warrior got fired.

was vader still supposed to get the strap tho?

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
was it the politics tho?

the original plan was for vader to beat HBK and then drop the belt to the warrior.

Yeah Vader was supposed to get the strap I believe b/c from a ratings perspective HBK wasn't cutting it '96. I remember listening to a shoot interview with Jim Cornette he said that SS match between Vader/Shawn was done like that b/c of politics. That's why you had those 2 fukkery outcomes w/Vader winning by DQ - match restarted, Vader wins by countout - match restarted, then Shawn wins w/superkick.

Cornette also claimed that Shawn threatened to have Vader fired in which Vader was almost in tears.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
was it the politics tho?

He was suppose to at SS even the PPV after was named It’s Time his catchphrase

Sid took Vader push he was Shawns buddy but he also just was always over and had that great look

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shawn sabotaged him but to be fair his style was rough and I can’t blame guys not wanting to get killed by a dude every night

still he could of been booked so much better and seems crazy to me they couldn’t book him as a monster in the attitude era

Bret hart is on record saying Vader was too stiff and that he "smelled bad"

:mjlol:

I also believe shamrock started shooting on vader cuz he was getting pissed off with him

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown
Yeah as a kid I knew dude was done after that kane feud. I still dont get why he was calling him self a piece of shyt though dude really should of stood up for him self on that one cause I think that was one of those vincetest that he failed.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Bret hart is on record saying Vader was too stiff and that he "smelled bad"

:mjlol:

I also believe shamrock started shooting on vader cuz he was getting pissed off with him

Yea the hygiene and stiffness was mentioned in that video. Pretty much Vader did himself no favors but Vince (and Shawn) made sure to take advantage.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
He was done in this match Foley in WCW. He is gassed and out of shape and what makes it worse is Jesse clowning him on commentary.

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
Yeah as a kid I knew dude was done after that kane feud. I still dont get why he was calling him self a piece of shyt though dude really should of stood up for him self on that one cause I think that was one of those vincetest that he failed.
Huh

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Damn Vader was supposed to win the title off Hoegan but left. Wow