VA Governor Ralph Northam :ufdup:

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
The photos are racist and stupid yes, but, if I were him I wouldn't resign if that were the extent of my stupidity. I wouldn't end my career over a 35-40 year old photo, especially when we have an actively racist President. Now, if this is just the tip of the iceberg, which is definitely possible, he better get the hell out of dodge while he can salvage his public and private life.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
The photos are racist and stupid yes, but, if I were him I wouldn't resign if that were the extent of my stupidity. I wouldn't end my career over a 35-40 year old photo, especially when we have an actively racist President. Now, if this is just the tip of the iceberg, which is definitely possible, he better get the hell out of dodge while he can salvage his public and private life.
That’s not how politics work.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
That’s not how politics work.

Not anymore. Eventually someone's going to have to take a stand because one day the loss will be much bigger than a racist. It's not like Kavanaugh who was accused of rape, this was an admittedly racist photo so you need to go from that point and scrutinize his personal life for more racism/racist actions that could invite bias in his public life/career.

Eventually someone worthwhile is going to go down due to these digging missions, usually initiated by alt right trolls. Just my two cents.

BoBurnz

Superstar
Daps
Not anymore. Eventually someone's going to have to take a stand because one day the loss will be much bigger than a racist. It's not like Kavanaugh who was accused of rape, this was an admittedly racist photo so you need to go from that point and scrutinize his personal life for more racism/racist actions that could invite bias in his public life/career.

Eventually someone worthwhile is going to go down due to these digging missions, usually initiated by alt right trolls. Just my two cents.
On the real, I'm okay with that. :yeshrug:

People's politics need to get out of the fukking 1980's, we live in a hyper real world where we can't keep on with the same Democratic party that we've had since Carter, it's time that we have a change from the ground up and it that means the alt-right chudlings do us a solid now and again in their constant attempts to "expose" people which really usually just means "out a bunch of gay people" then whatever, full steam ahead. If this party wants to speak to the future than they need to be better than putting someone like this in office.

Finding Northam's gaffs took a 20 second google search, there's probably a lot more out there, if they wanna keep attacking dems and trying to browbeat down the left with their rhetoric and attacks then lets go, we got juice online too but, more importantly, unlike these alt-right shytlords the in person and groundroots political movement of leftist candidates has only increased in the last few years and IMO will only continue to do so.

I do think there's a line where "okay either this wasn't that bad or enough time has passed" but the dude's name was "c00nman" and he was one of these people in costume so I am not inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt that his subconcious biases aren't going to impact his work as governor. We should have a very high, stringent standard for our politicians on both sides. This and things like it should never be acceptable and that likely is going to begin to rear it's head when the social media generation reaaaaaaaally starts their first forays into politics in the next few years.

It's going to be a fascinating case study.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
5c54b387083d4.image.jpg

https://pilotonline.com/news/govern...cle_67fdd682-2662-11e9-a7d1-c7ed70e09b50.html

A photo from Gov. Ralph Northam’s medical school yearbook shows two men, one in blackface and one in a Ku Klux Klan robe and hood, on the same page as the governor.

The photo, which The Virginian-Pilot obtained a copy of Friday from the Eastern Virginia Medical School library, comes from the 1984 yearbook, the year Northam graduated.

On the half-page set aside for Northam, there is a headshot of him in a jacket and tie, a photo of him in a cowboy hat and boots and a third of him sitting casually on the ground, leaning against a convertible.

The fourth photo on the half-page has two people, one wearing white Ku Klux Klan robes and a hood, the other with his face painted black. The person with the black face is also wearing a white hat, black jacket, white shirt with a bow tie and plaid pants. Both are holding canned drinks.

It’s unclear who the people in costume are.

DAFUQ did I just read???!!!!
He had black people canvassing and vouching for him KNOWING he had this skeleton in his closet??

DAFUQ?

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

https://www.richmond.com/news/virgi...cle_c771cac2-7364-5b15-92ba-cce8ce0c604c.html