Utopia Season 2 "The Network is Watching"

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Both of HBO's David Fincher Shows in Jeopardy

"As for Utopia, Lombardo admitted that HBO is "struggling right now trying to figure that out. Sources tell THR that Utopia — which is rumored to have cast Rooney Mara — is way over budget. "We're at that moment, trying to figure out if there is a path forward or not for Utopia."

Utopia was picked up straight to series in February 2014, with Gone Girl authorFlynn attached to pen the U.S. take."

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Both of HBO's David Fincher Shows in Jeopardy

"As for Utopia, Lombardo admitted that HBO is "struggling right now trying to figure that out. Sources tell THR that Utopia — which is rumored to have cast Rooney Mara — is way over budget. "We're at that moment, trying to figure out if there is a path forward or not for Utopia."

Utopia was picked up straight to series in February 2014, with Gone Girl authorFlynn attached to pen the U.S. take."
:beli:

HBO can fukk off for this one....

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I'm glad I picked the show just 1 week before it ended. Binge watching made it easier because I didn't suffer the waiting and the inevitability of cancellation. But then again, it felt like I had A+ piffery for 5 days, ate like a motherfukker and all of a sudden I had nothing and was left to starvation :mjcry:

And now HBO gonna fukk around because of budget? :pacspit:

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
Nah man....this looks like it's Fincher's fault. There's no way in hell a show this small should have budget problems.

Fred.
Would it kill them to take a shot on some unknown? I hate when directors and studios rely on the name of the actors to carry the movie. That simply reeks of a pathetic plot to me and this is the only way to get a return. I've seen movies and shows where I didn't know a single actor and wasn't disappointing so why does it matter?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Would it kill them to take a shot on some unknown? I hate when directors and studios rely on the name of the actors to carry the movie. That simply reeks of a pathetic plot to me and this is the only way to get a return. I've seen movies and shows where I didn't know a single actor and wasn't disappointing so why does it matter?

That's what I'm saying breh. Aside from some kinda known UK actors the entire original "Utopia" series was basically low budget. Not in terms of quality, I mean there was nothing on that show that would cause a problem with budget. U.S. always has to try and solve a problem by throwing more money at it, so this really isn't surprising.

Fred.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
i'm glad..i don't wanna see them fukk it up. just re-air the first 2 seasons for everyone that didn't peep it

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
:mindblown: all this time I've been waiting for the next season and this shyt is cancelled? fukk is up with Luther, and Sherlock???

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:mindblown: all this time I've been waiting for the next season and this shyt is cancelled? fukk is up with Luther, and Sherlock???

"Luther" should be starting kinda soon. They finished filming a while ago.

"Sherlock" probably won't be back until late 2016, or later.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
So i been hearing so much about this show and finally netflix announces their adding it aug1, but i cant find it anywhere...anyone know what the deal is here. tryna start this bad boy up tonight after TD airs

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So i been hearing so much about this show and finally netflix announces their adding it aug1, but i cant find it anywhere...anyone know what the deal is here. tryna start this bad boy up tonight after TD airs

Not sure what's going on with Netflix but both seasons are on torrents.

Fred.