Reppin
Houston
tumblr_n79h7avxdQ1qbd1rio1_1280.jpg

:gladbron:
2cwl9c4.jpg

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just watched episode 1, wish there was some way to watch on my TV instead of my laptop. Surprised Hulu or Netflix didn't pick up the rights to this. Show has me like :lupe: so far. Crazy dude is really serious about this Jessica chick.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
im not much of a tv guy to begin with but i do have a preference for the british shows when it comes down to it. main reason being when they actually *do* have black people in the cast, it feels like there's less or even no restriction to what the black actors can do. Nathan (black dude from Utopia) was more or less the leader of Misfits for the first season and a half, and was even juggling bytches; he was the main love interest for the baddest female on the team, still had his own girlfriend, and then transitioned to another bad female to fukk with in season 2.

If that was in the US, nathan's role as Curtis would've been given to some blonde haired blue eyed justin bieber kid or one of them twighlight-lookin boys, and the black girl on the team would've been seen as "ample enough representation for blacks".. so Nathan would be outside looking in. Mind you, his character still got done dirty starting in about season 3 but at least he was stylin for the first 2. Luther with Idris is another example, where you get a black actor playing a genius level detective as a lead, solving mysteries and just out smarting muthafukkas, and not being some a-sexual no love interest having stiff.

shyt, even a canadian show like Continuum.. starting with season 2, I love how they incorporate new black actors in the mix and the growth they give for the preexisting ones. Travis, for example, transitions from being a typical lackey in season 1 to the Bane-type lead villain 2nd season who has both opposing female lead villains on his dikk, and everyone else scared as shyt of him.

Now these type of shows are still few and far between, but whenever i find such gems with heavy doses of black excellence, i do make it a point to support them by buying the dvds or whatever. Outside of those gems i find (and this site has put me on to a couple of them), i pretty much have my tv turned off till basketball season

You got me kinda interested in continuum. May have to peep.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Just watched episode 1, wish there was some way to watch on my TV instead of my laptop. Surprised Hulu or Netflix didn't pick up the rights to this. Show has me like :lupe: so far. Crazy dude is really serious about this Jessica chick.
use hdmi nicca :dahell: