using my debit card to pay for pizza delivery just to avoid tipping appreciation

MightyHealthy

said what he said
Daps
Reppin
PUROGANG
but some loser at ruby tuesday who just pours me a drink and leaves the busing to someone else? :rudy:
I'm gonna go off on a tangent here: Ruby Tuesday's is ASS.

It's like if Red Robin added a salad bar and masqueraded as fine dining.

As for tipping, I just keep it reasonable. I don't go out unless I can afford my meal + 15-20%, and I don't order delivery unless I have an extra buck or two to tip. I tip a dollar or two at buffets as well.

I laugh at most places with tip jars, save for bars, like stores and ice cream shops. I'll get rid of loose change in my pocket if I'm feeling gracious, but most of the time it makes no sense to tip.

THAT is when it's like "you're just doing what you are fully paid for, I'm not giving you extra," although I make exceptions when they seem genuinely nice or make a great suggestion.

Big difference between that and going to a restaurant where the waiter/waitress has a lot more responsibilities:

- keep me in a good mood
- get my order right
- have my drinks full
- give me some napkins
- check on the food
- get me a take home box if I have anything left
- get my check to me on time
- and do this at several other tables

I tip because I want to reward the overall enjoyment of my meal. That's the experience of dining out.

I have never known a non-tipper who wasn't a broke/near-broke a$$hole.
i already got pay service charge
This is one thing I will wholeheartedly agree with you on...the "delivery fee" is the biggest joke about ordering pizza nowadays. The driver doesn't get to see a penny of it.

It's just a disguised price increase. They should just be honest about the prices, instead of creating a nonsensical term that requires the explanation that "the delivery fee is not a tip."

KEEPITTRILLA

soon as i catch the vibe tell em 2 fetch th hearse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TX
I delivered pizza and I didn't really give a fukk if people didn't tip and no one else I worked with did either. If you come to the door right away and have the money ready, no delivery guy is going to trip about whether or not you tipped. A lot of people don't really know it's customary and probably close to half of the people never tipped. You make so much money from the people that do tip that you don't care. The ones that got flagged were the ones that would habitually order the pizza and then leave and we'd have to wait around for them. When I got one of those deliveries, no matter how close the place was, I'd always do all of my other deliveries first since they probably wouldn't be ready anyway.

Some people tip big because they think it'll make their pizza come faster next time but I think it really works in the opposite way. At the place I worked, you had to take whatever was next in line but you could add others on top of that. If you were known as a good tipper, some driver might be a jew and take yours even though he was going to the other side of town and your pizza will be sitting in his car for a half hour. They know you're tipping out of habit and not for good service.

no u lyin cuz i used to work at pizza hut for a min and when you aint tip drivers got pissed off for one

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
Funny how people are quick to shyt on non tippers but stay quiet as a mouse about the owners.

And yes I do tip, but I don't see anything wrong with people who don't want to do it.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
pizza delivery man when they see ur name on caller id :lolbron:
your face when u 1st take a bite out of the pizza :ahh:
when u wake up the next morning :scusthov:

wutang512

Banned
Daps
Reppin
*Never orders delivery*
*Always picks up pizza*

*Always tips when I sit down to eat at a restaurant*

The problem isnt even with tipping.

Its even after I do tip those b*stards have the nerve to catch an attitude because I didn't tip them "Enough" which is very subjective.

Mother fukker my barber gets the same tip every single time I get a haircut cause he provides me the same great service every single time.

But you cant provide me with the same "great" food service every single time I walk into the restaurant can you?

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
When me and my girl first got together we weren't cooking in just straight ordering Papa Johns and shyt. We would tip pretty well so I'm guessing word got around the actual Papa Johns store so people were :takedat: trying to deliver our order. So this old white guy comes to our door and the first thing he says is "IM SURE GLAD I GOT THIS ORDER :smugfavre:". My girl was like :wtb: and paid him, got our change back and closed the door in his face. Classic.