USA loses shooting (sniping) competition at the olympics, how sway

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have airguns break barrel and pcp.

And I have real guns.

I love shooting my 22lr and I remember it every time I shoot it. But I typically go with the air rifle.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Bushed
Daps
The only thing gun owning CACS are masters at is racism and fantasizing about shooting unarmed black people

Nymbus

Great Value Man™
Supporter
Daps
why they dressed like Pokemon bosses:dwillhuh:

Daps
:mjlol: :camby:

UK.

with 1/5th pop of the USA.

Screenshot-2024-07-28-at-20-28-42.png

Screenshot-2024-07-28-at-20-33-52.png
You just proved my point.

US is top 2 minimum in track, gymnastics and swimming. Britain winning medals in each does NOT mean they're considered among the best in each discipline. They simply have enough money to be in the mix but lack the population to be top shelf across the board.

My point still stands. US is the most versatile sporting nation - mostly off a diverse population, lots of $$$$ and 330M+ people.

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
China runs up their medal counts in non-athletic shyt like ping pong, archery, guns etc....and sports with judges like synchronized swimming.

You won't see them doing anything in hoops, track & field, boxing etc. Might be OK in judo/TKD or weightlifting in the smaller classes.

Plus they have 5x our population and train kids from elementary school on up. It's always America vs China for total medals but the United States tends to be competitive in a MUCH broader range of sports compared to any other nation.

United States is the only country that can go win a ton of medals in track, swimming and gymnastics. Most countries are lucky to be good in 1 out of 3. We are either #1 or #2 in each.
Saw something recently about how part of the reason China generally doesn't do well in team sports due to the culture's emphasis on individual achievements.

Last edited:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
My point still stands. US is the most versatile sporting nation - mostly off a diverse population, lots of $$$$ and 330M+ people.

you undermine chine's case because of the size of their population relative to that of the USA.

a per-capita based view, if you will.

then where that per-capita argument works against the USA you throw it in the bin.

you also said that the USA is the ONLY nation with lots of medals in a broad range.

when shown that the USA is not the "only" one you ignore that point as if you were not the one who made the argument in the first place.

in short, a little consistency would help.

:hubie:

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
Brehs what these dudes got in store for breakdancing? :lupe: