“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Surprised at this basically being a slasher movie. Fun flick and great sophomore effort.

I'd say it's more of a home invasion movie, at least when it's playing by traditional rules. And when it is, I think it's only moderately effective. Competent and fun but nothing special.

The movie really shines when it starts to become something more untraditional. When it starts forcing the viewer to confront multiple intertwined themes. When it starts being deliberately unclear and refuses to offer us much in the way of clarification.

I don't think it's as great as Get Out, at least in part because of its density. However, this might be one I return to more often, both to watch and to think about.

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
Why would there be? I'm not one of those nikkas.

Remember back in the 90s when modern art paintings was a big thing and cacs came up with all those theories and fake deepness about the paintings?

That's how a lot of people are acting when it comes to this movie
I hear u but a lot of this shyt in this movie is not straight forward tho

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
Man shut up

You shut up, you scary ass clutching your pearls in the movie theater ass nikka. If a movie scares you as a grown man, bring your boyfriend next time so you can have someone to hold you in his arms whenever something “scary” happens. Matter of fact, bend over so you won’t see the “scary” parts, suck his dyck, and swallow. Won’t even have to waste money on refreshments. You’re a whole bytch. :wrist:

Who the fukk are you anyway, fakkit, and what made your bytch ass think you could address me period, let alone tell me to shut up? You shouldn’t be afraid of some fictional entertainment on the big screen, you should be afraid of thinking your bytch ass is anonymous on this forum and making the mistake of getting yourself involved in a real life horror. :demonic:

all this because he told you to shut up :mjlol:

you going through it right now ain't you breh :mjcry:

tenor.gif

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I liked it. Still processing. Trying to decide if the plot holes asked me to suspend my disbelief a little bit too much or if I'm cool with it. I mean I guess I'm cool with it, but I'm still trying to figure out what is a plot hole and what could be explained if I think about it more.

I expected this to be very different than Get Out but it was still different than what I thought it might be.

I do think I liked Get Out more, but I'm happy for Peele and will see anything he drops on opening weekend. Even if it's not perfect, I like that it's unique and different from the average blockbuster.