“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
She eventually got out of the handcuffs and when she did.... what happened?

Prolly by then she was already mind fukk by what she was seeing on a daily basis, down there by all the tethered people

keep in mind the main theory that keeps getting thrown around (At least in this thread)
is that Adeline was raped by Gabe's tethered version, No woman is the same after
having to go through something like that.

MaccabeanRebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The outer limits
So the tethered basically have some sort of telepathic link to their original? All of the clones seem to know where their copy is naturally, so given what we know about Ade, that explains
why she could "feel" Red approaching.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love Mulholland drive. I love movies that actually make me WANT to think. And this movie didn't do that. It's ok to make a movie that has to be deciphered, but you still have to make the movie entertaining. You still have to create a world that the audience can connect with. And I don't think the film succeeded in that. That's why everybody is so confused because the film didn't draw them in. It had no soul. You felt no emotional connection with any of these characters.

And it wasn't just the dad that was corny. It was the whole cast aside from lupita. The script as a WHOLE was cheesy. The message is not what makes a movie great, it's the presentation. And the presentation here fell flat. Like you said. To each his own. But this movie was very average to me.

Like I said, to each is own. This movie make ME want to think. It actually make me reflect retrospectively on the hypocrisy of the Hands Across America when it actually HAPPENED because this was during the REAGAN ERA in which the government conspired all sorta of underhanded fukk shyt from the presumption of initiating the AIDS epidemic to the bringing in crack into neighborhoods and Reaganomics, how and why gangsta rap emerged (hence, it was so fitting to have fukk THE POLICE in the movie) all exposing a world that the PRIVILEGED society neglects, yet you had that BS nationwide charity event, Hands Across America, in which these so-called privileged Americans front like they "care" and none of those proceeds went towards those who were trying living in struggle and being oppressed.

That SPOKE to me, as well as the presentation of someone who was aware of our condition, aware of what this government was responsible for and was willing to organize and get the oppressed unified to go out Nat Turner style on those who were oppressing us and let their presence be known to the world. The aspect of sparking a revolution and throwing it in their faces of the false symbol that those of privilege had in claiming they recognized the homeless and neglected and use that as a stance that their time and place is now over. Which also brings importance to the meaning of Jeremiah 1:11

That caught a lot of stuff that was presented and found it well executed.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why didn’t Adeline just walk back up the stairs and get her life back?

Because for one, she woke up in an area that was completely unknown to her and she was handcuffed. Which was why the emphasis of using handcuffs back on her tethered self was important. Also, being that she at the time was in an area unknown to her. She wouldn't of known she was above or underground or where to got to escape. You do have to remember that everything that those above ground did, the tethered had an exaggerated reenactment response so, eventually the tethered version of her parents would of have to taken her, so she was essentially at the time trapped until that moment where the tethered people realized her as being special and at that moment, she wanted to liberate them and have her revenge and decided to wait until the time was right. But why she didn't do it immediately, it's basically she couldn't escape being that she was handcuffed. And obviously those parent would of have to shown up since they shown up above ground too.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Especially with the teathereds wearing the red jumpsuits with the single glove which is very similar to Mike’s red jacket and and his glove. Red’s wide eyes which is similar to how Mike portrayed the zombie in the video.

And when it comes to the ending, they could have literally freeze framed when she looks at her son and zoom in while Vincent Price’s laugh plays in the background with the Thriller music playing while seeing the tethered all holding hands across the country when the credits rolled.

The layers to this movie is on a whole other level man...:ohlawd:

A mix of MJ and Freddy from Nightmare from Elm St. which I think was one of the VHS tapes from the beginning. In fact that's really a Freedy Kreuger glove they were wearing.

MaccabeanRebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The outer limits
Red said that their souls are connected.

I got that but it seemed like the humans had no conscious feeling of the clones. I know it's a conspiracy but maybe that's what that flouride in the water scene was for..maybe they were implying that it weakened the humans ability to sense the tethers?