“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
To gauge people's opinion of the movie?

Why are most people too goddamn lazy to use a spoiler function that literally takes two clicks? :usure:

to see what the feedback is as far as is it worth going to see at a theater or wait to catch it at home
why would i go see something if the overall feedback is that its garbage :wthwtf:

on the other hand if the overall feedback is that its super dope i'd rush to go see it asap
so far the feeling is that its nowhere near the level of get out which doesnt make it a 1st week viewing for me

i'll go see it whenever i happen to have time as opposed to making time to go see it
:russell:

It's ridiculous to ask for people to use spoilers tags in a discussion thread for a movie that's been released. There are other sites/platforms that are out there to gauge feedback for a movie that make far more sense than entering a thread like this. Sounds like y'all need some self discipline and just stay out of threads which are clearly made to talk about and discuss a film.

:camby:

Last edited:

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I got a question. How could the clones mimic everything they do? When they aren't around them and never saw their real versions of their selves??

Are we just saying, because they are clones, they feel everything that is happening above? So when OG ADELAIDE meets Gabe, down below RED meets her GABE below, just because it's what is happening above?

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think that ending goes hard because it makes Chris into that much more of a heroic figure. fukk society, fukk the police, he saved Black people for generations and that matters more than any other consequences. He won.

I get why Peele went with the feel-good ending though and I agree it was the right decision.

Yea, the ending of GET OUT and the change from it being a bittersweet ending to a heroic one was needed, but it wasn't what I think Peele really wanted. Whereas, with US it only makes since for it to be bittersweet, because who's the victors were. But seeing it from THEIR perspective, I rather be rooting for them anyway.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I got a question. How could the clones mimic everything they do? When they aren't around them and never saw their real versions of their selves??

Are we just saying, because they are clones, they feel everything that is happening above? So when OG ADELAIDE meets Gabe, down below RED meets her GABE below, just because it's what is happening above?

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Essentially yes. As Red recalled her experience, everything that Adelaide did above ground, a negative effect occurred below. So, when Adelaide got with Gabe, Red was basically was raped and forced to have those kids that she did not want.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Essentially yes. As Red recalled her experience, everything that Adelaide did above ground, a negative effect occurred below. So, when Adelaide got with Gabe, Red was basically was raped and forced to have those kids that she did not want.

Is there any explanation for how everything that happened above, the clones had to do below? Or are we just supposed to go with it, because it's a movie?

Last edited:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
People can try to elevate this into some genius piece of work, but the shyt was light. The writing was horrible. So many cringe worthy lines. Set traps like home alone....really breh :comeon:

Actually all the characters were poorly written. We already knew Peele was gonna have an underlying message, but simply having a message isn't what makes a movie great. It's how you convey that message that matters. And this movie was all over the place and super corny at times. It feels like Peele just threw it all together and left it to the audience to make something out of it.

Nah breh....if you have a message then it's up to you to get that message across. Peele did that to perfection with Get Out. It was clear. It was unique. It was something brand new. But this film was just sloppy. The terrible writing is what really brought this film down though. shyt was tyler perry bad....so much forced humor and cheesy jokes. People are gonna keep searching for all the hidden meanings, but you shouldn't have to spend hours dissecting something to find the genius in it. The film is supposed to do that itself. I'll still give Peele the benefit of the doubt and check out his next one, but he overplayed his hand with this one.

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
Is there any explanation for how everything that happened above, the clones had to do below? Or are we just supposed to go with it, because it's a movie?
And where were they getting clothes and fukking scissors? Did they not shyt? Shouldn't there be blood and human waste all over the floors? What about babies? They couldn't eat rabbits. The movie was smart dumb. A lot of metaphors and imagery for the sake of bad performance art... Too much technical detail missing and forced suspended belief for me to take this movie as a serious horror film. It's a long episode of the twilight zone with fine ass Lupita. The character interaction while dealing with the tethered was weak and didn't reflect a realistic and horrifying event. They left each other alone and made stupid jokes and never seemed to really give a fukk that the world was ending. The soundtrack was great and the cinematography was top rate.
The movie had no emotion. Felt rushed and took my patience for granted with a weak ending.
I would see it again for the hidden symbols.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Went to the 8pm showing tonight

I enjoyed it. It wasn't as good as Get Out but I didn't go in expecting that, I feel like people who did were expecting too much and setting themselves up for disappointment :ehh:

Also, I had completely forgotten about the choking in the mirror house in the trailer so the swerve caught me a lot more off-guard than some of y’all.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

It's supposed to be left ambiguous and the whole movie is left for interpretation and not one specific meaning. But if you take these two things that were said in the movie at face value and put it together:

1. The daughter, Zora, said in the beginning about the government is putting fluoride into the water in order to control people (but nobody cares about the world is about to end)

2. Red's assumptions of why the tethered exist being that to her understanding that it was a failed government in which they tried to clone humans in order to control them.

You can summarize that if all of it is true that drinking water was what was used as a method. Now the how and so forth is and never known nor really the point of what this is about. The entire movie is an allegory and not to be taken literally.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
1. The way Jason was born affected his double. That's why he was so different and why his double had issues.

2. This wasn't a government project that was abandoned.

3. Adelaide was able to see all or at least some of the clones when she was young and was actually led to her encounter with red.

4. I think the origins of the tunnels and the project as a whole is what have people unsatisfied.

5. They didnt really explain the protocols for escaping to the real world. Red did it a certain way, but obviously the rest of them did it another way.

Movie let's you basically create your own theories which is dope and smart because you cant watch this more than one time.