“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
As a person who hates movies, especially horror I have nothing bad to say about this. Simply amazing.

Easily better than Get Out.

I really don't understand the confusion...:wtf:

Some people really confused about simple shyt like the rabbits?? How simple are nikkas :wtf:

Last edited:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
As a person who hates movies, especially horror I have nothing bad to say about this. Simply amazing.

Easily better than Get Out.

I really don't understand the confusion...:wtf:

Lol hell mah breh. Get out had the crowd more into it. This movie had a few moments like when they went into the white folks house, but the ending of Get out when lil rel came in the cop car was CLASSIC. Literally had the audience speachless when the sirens came on because we knew what time it was then we see its lil rel and the crowd cheered loud as hell lol

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Call it a master piece n spend days makn up theories about the plot brehs...ur lost admit it :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

I even wrote how this film woulf confuse people n they wont admit it so they make some fake woke story like

Howard= HOW?:ohhh::ohhh::ohhh:
Maaaaan I can't wait to read the

full

Up in here :bryan:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Call it a master piece n spend days makn up theories about the plot brehs...ur lost admit it :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

I even wrote how this film woulf confuse people n they wont admit it so they make some fake woke story like

Howard= HOW?:ohhh::ohhh::ohhh:

Or maybe, maybe, people really enjoyed it and are enjoying the discourse on what the symbolism might mean. Why is that so far-fetched? Especially when Peele put a lot of symbolism in the movie. If you like horror and know the genre, you know a lot of it is full of symbolism. Peele is obviously a student of horror. He knows a zombie or creature fic is rarely about the creature. I don't get why that's so crazy since it's a core part of a lot of the genre. We're having fun speculating and it just sounds like you want to be a Debbie downer up in here.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
This movie is dope thematically if you don’t read books in general. Otherwise the hamfisted takeaways are just generic tropes.

Lupita is an amazing actress. This might be her best role ever.

But the movie doesn’t deserve the R-rating.

Part of me feels like the 90s has r-rated movies harder than this.
I really mean this.

If this is Rated R we need a new classification between PG-13 and R :francis:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
We need to agree unanimously. This is Lupita's best role EVER.

Literally.

She's been underutilized in every single role until this film. Criminal, really.

Makes you appreciate the fact she's classically trained.

Winston Duke was not casted properly for this film, however.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Moses :jbhmm:

Red :jbhmm:

Moses parted the Red Sea:jbhmm:

Red parted/unthethered "Americans" :jbhmm:

:ohhh:

There was also some Michael Jackson references. Remember the Thriller Shirt?

When the main character was a child it took place in 1986, that was when the "alleged switch" happened.

Also "House of Mirrors"/ "Man in the Mirror" ...

I really mean this.

If this is Rated R we need a new classification between PG-13 and R :francis:

You really requoted yourself? They said "fukk" every damn second in the movie and you don't think it deserved an R rating?

You think a movie should be rated PG13 for young kids when its a curse every second?