“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
has the michael jackson connection been discussed yet?some of this felt like Thriller. Particularly how Lupita was sorta like Mike at the end. She didnt have the zombie eyes like Mike in Thriller but he was a zombie. When we thought he was human.
Sorta like Lupita wasnt who we thought she was at the end.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Lol hell mah breh. Get out had the crowd more into it. This movie had a few moments like when they went into the white folks house, but the ending of Get out when lil rel came in the cop car was CLASSIC. Literally had the audience speachless when the sirens came on because we knew what time it was then we see its lil rel and the crowd cheered loud as hell lol

Peele's original ending was so much darker. He said that too much bad shyt was in the news and he just couldn't keep the dark ending.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I've seen that ending and it was wack honestly. The ending they used in the movie was perfect.

I think that ending goes hard because it makes Chris into that much more of a heroic figure. fukk society, fukk the police, he saved Black people for generations and that matters more than any other consequences. He won.

I get why Peele went with the feel-good ending though and I agree it was the right decision.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
why couldn't the daughter
leave the underground after she got swapped out? the tethered one walked outta there to the funhouse, but the real daughter just stayed down there 30 years, even though she knew the truth?

Watching it for the 2nd time that I neglected...

She was knocked out and when she awakened, she was handcuffed to the bed. And not only she was handcuffed which is why Red insisted to get tethered Adelaide handcuffed in return, she did not even know where exactly she was. Then being among the rest of the tethered it was a clear culture shock. Bare in mind, if the OG parents found their daughter above ground, the tethered family would of gotten found RED. So, she COULDN'T escape at that initial point. Then years later, she became their messiah and she patiently waited for 30 some odd years for her ultimate revenge.