“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Interesting. I would have liked there not being an ex-positional speech so we could put the pieces together. Maybe Peele just wanted to go a safer route and provide the audience with more clarity at the end.
I think that screening was probably one of the reasons he changed it :yeshrug:

Maybe they were testing one with the exposition and one without it and either him or the studio decided to roll with the one that tested better.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
From another board. Great understanding of the movie. :wow:

But...

1. Was Adelaide happy?? Despite the semblance of her "nice" life, she didn't really give off a happy vibe, even before the talk of them going to that beach...

2. Maybe "disaffected" ain't the right word to use, because the "shadow" folk were affected like a muthafucca.

3. (I'm going there) Doesn't this movie imply that there are divisions of people who may fear a comeuppance (if you will) of a lower class - even some who were of a lower class that may have assimilated?

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
He could have ended the movie 2 other ways...

After she kills Red, she brings Jason back to her family and she purposely flips the ambulance over killing everybody but herself. Then goes and joins the rest of the Tethereds with the arms across America shyt making it clear where her loyalty stands.

They don’t reveal that she is really a teathered and they leave it up for the audience to decide. However they leave a lot more clues that support it that would get you thinking. Which i feel would have been a better ending. Kinda like the alternate ending to Face/Off

But that’s just me :yeshrug:

I feel like Jordan Peele made an alternate ending and he is going to put it on the DVD/Blu-Ray.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
:snoop: YOU COLI nikkaS NEVER FAIL TO AMAZE ME.

:mjlol:nikkaS REALLY SAYING THE SON WAS SWAPPED OUT
WHEN EVERYTHING IS STARING YOU RIGHT IN THE FACE.

DO YOU SEE THE WAY THAT KID
WAS STARING AT HIS MOM IN THE END?

THE REAL ADEL TOLD HIM THE TRUTH.
:devil:
:evil:

What is the truth?

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
:what:

Why would anybody who hasn't seen the movie come into the thread AFTER the movie releases?

:russ:
to see what the feedback is as far as is it worth going to see at a theater or wait to catch it at home
why would i go see something if the overall feedback is that its garbage :wthwtf:

on the other hand if the overall feedback is that its super dope i'd rush to go see it asap
so far the feeling is that its nowhere near the level of get out which doesnt make it a 1st week viewing for me

i'll go see it whenever i happen to have time as opposed to making time to go see it