“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

High Society

MY Kind of People
Daps
Reppin
The Country Club
Facts. That's why I never felt real tension in the movie. The main family was too villain monologuey. The white families duplicates went to work immediately. The man family was bullshytting. They were too busy trying to make them look creepy instead of genuinely threatening. After a minute the boys duplicate just seemed stupid to me, crawling around and making weird noises, not doing shyt :beli:
Small thing that bothered me is
Red could have been killed Adelaide. I know she said she wanted to take her time, but even in the final scene when she was juking her with her dance moves, she could have ended her. It made the whole tethered family look weak that the original family straight up was schooling them the whole movie. :mjlol: I didn't even realize Abraham was dead until the final 30 mins when Gabe mentioned it and I was like "oh shyt, Abe legit died in the lake?" I figured Abe was going to come back on some Jason shyt lol. The tethere'd family was weak. All the other doppleganger families put in work on their originals, Red and her family was BS'ing too much.

And a question...
So who was the white guy crossed out at the boardwalk? Was that the Jeremiah guy?
y'all gotta remember that they are also half human/half blood related to their counterpart atleast except the father.

id say this also explains why the tethered father was the only one to hurt his counterpart instead of playing around with him, but in the end he still had his stupid traits/ideas which made him wait too long to kill.

this also explains why the white woman doesnt kill the real tethered adelaide. and this also explains why real adelaide is slow to kill. in her deptth, she knows that killing is wrong.

also peep how the son holds that crystal rock like the tethered do with scissors. he is a tether which is why he cant do the magic trick he learned last summer but the supposed tether can

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
y'all gotta remember that they are also half human/half blood related to their counterpart atleast except the father.

id say this also explains why the tethered father was the only one to hurt his counterpart instead of playing around with him, but in the end he still had his stupid traits/ideas which made him wait too long to kill.

this also explains why the white woman doesnt kill the real tethered adelaide. and this also explains why real adelaide is slow to kill. in her deptth, she knows that killing is wrong.

also peep how the son holds that crystal rock like the tethered do with scissors. he is a tether which is why he cant do the magic trick he learned last summer but the supposed tether can
man that kid was not swapped lol. If he was youd have to be anle to explain how he learned to talk normal in the span of the year and why the other one acted like an animal after having been normal his whole life

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I DONT THINK RED REALLY WANTED TO KILL
HER KIDS.

SHE JUST WANTED HER LIFE BACK.

SHE TOLD THAT LITTLE BOY THE TRUTH
AND STUFFED HIM IN A LOCKER
AFTER SHE KIDNAPPED HIM.

IF YOU NOTICE ADEL WAS THE ONE WHO WAS OUT FOR BLOOD THROUGHOUT THE MOVIE.
(jumping out the truck to get the girl in the tree)
(Jumping out the truck to get the boy on the beach)
WHILE RED DIDNT KILL ANYONE.
:devil:
:evil:

Yeah, the tethered character was out for blood the whole time... she wanted to make sure her family's shadows were dead hence the aggression she displayed toward them.

But... isn't RED the girl that choked ADEL out and lived the life ADEL would have? While ADEL is the girl that got left down below with the "others" and was essential lost.

I get what you're saying tho, but still
:dwillhuh:

• Dap
Reactions: flo

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Yeah, the tethered character was out for blood the whole time... she wanted to make sure her family's shadows were dead hence the aggression she displayed toward them.

But... isn't RED the girl that choked ADEL out and lived the life ADEL would have? While ADEL is the girl that got left down below with the "others" and was essential lost.

I get what you're saying tho, but still
:dwillhuh:

THE TETHERED HAS BEEN ADEL FOR THE LAST 33 YEARS SO IT ONLY MAKES SENSE TO REFER TO HER AS ADEL
AND VICE VERSA.
:devil:
:evil:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I enjoyed the film, but Lupita carries this entire film on her shoulders. She will get an Oscar nomination easily, but I personally think that get out was a better directed film. This is a good second film, but it’s not better than his first
She will get the Toni Collette treatment/snub.

Genre bias. Too early in the year too

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
man that kid was not swapped lol. If he was youd have to be anle to explain how he learned to talk normal in the span of the year and why the other one acted like an animal after having been normal his whole life
havent followerd the thread but what about those who say he was tethered because he was on the beach trying to build a tunnell

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
havent followerd the thread but what about those who say he was tethered because he was on the beach trying to build a tunnell

i think at most that could imply that his other half was trying to summon him in the same manner Lupita was summoned/something brought her to the house of mirrors as a kid. Too many unanswered holes would be exposed if the swap actually did happen with the son

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
Gotta give it up to a few on thecoli... they called it when the first trailer dropped. When Adelaide was snapping her fingers she was off beat, very subtle yet substantial clue.
What significance does this mean? Especially with the trailer

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lil block headed nikkas dig holes every day. They even got they own movie called ,"holes". A lil nikka digging a whole dont make him a clone

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
If this is really an allegory about capitalism, it occurred to me that
the tethered climbing up from the bottom to only to just stand there and hold hands is akin to climbing the ladder from poverty only to end up working for someone else because someone told you that's what people do. Red told the tethered that they could organize, break free, and then gave them the end goal of holding hands because as a kid she saw the commercial for the hands across America charity as the ultimate challenge and thing to reach for. She doesn't even understand why it's important, just that it looked important. So I see the movie as perhaps saying that when you're in the least privileged class, you receive messages about what you should be doing to get to the top but you don't really ever get the opportunity to self-actualize and be all you can be. An example would be people who go through the motions of attending to college and getting the right job but have no real goals or passions related to any of the things they're doing. They're just doing what they've been told to do to be successful.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
The movie explained in my understanding:

Throughout the movie Jeremiah 11:11 is shown. In the bible Jeremiah was a leader who was able to set his people free or something like that, which is what Lupitas tethered character was supposed to embody.

Lol, boy no.