“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Where did the clone get burned? I don't remember. I know on his face but how. I'm wonder where they had fire down there.
His moms said that he was born in fire when she was talking about the pain she endured when her other self was giving birth on the other side. (The Normal Side)

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I gotta get an answer how this large number of people were cloned. I feel without that answer there's a large hole in the movie.

Not sure you can just say, well people were cloned and we don't need to know how :stopitslime:

I'm betting they won't ever answer that question.

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People out here really making this movie out to be something it isn't. It really isn't that deep. Everything is pretty much explained in the movie.
Her son wasn't swapped, he's just a weirdo. The table, her getting out the car to check on the girl, her screaming while the boy is walking in the fire, their clones taking their sweet ass time killing them, etc is all written illogically like that just to get you talking. Let's be real, if it was written like this in any other movie, y'all say it was bad writing. Again, I'm not saying it a BAD film. Its just not as deep as people making out to be. People making something out of nothing just because they want it to be something it isn't.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
People out here really making this movie out to be something it isn't. It really isn't that deep. Everything is pretty much explained in the movie.
Her son wasn't swapped, he's just a weirdo. The table, her getting out the car to check on the girl, her screaming while the boy is walking in the fire, their clones taking their sweet ass time killing them, etc is all written illogically like that just to get you talking. Let's be real, if it was written like this in any other movie, y'all say it was bad writing. Again, I'm not saying it a BAD film. Its just not as deep as people making out to be. People making something out of nothing just because they want it to be something it isn't.

Yeah there are alot of easter eggs in the film but they arent critical to the plot. Its just alot “ah ha” stuff ti make you talk

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yup... just go look at the Bird Box thread as an example

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No way the OG SON is tethered. There's no way to explain why he doesn't have burns on his face.

To be real, we don't know when or how his face was burned. It'll make sense if the boy could TALK and you don't want to lead onto suspicion and therefore getting the boy's face burned. I mean, Jason ended up killing the boy by burning him up completely.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To be real, we don't know when or how his face was burned. It'll make sense if the boy could TALK and you don't want to lead onto suspicion and therefore getting the boy's face burned. I mean, Jason ended up killing the boy by burning him up completely.

We do know when the boy was burned. He was burned at BIRTH. RED told the story of how he was burned. So, no, THE OG SON is NOT tethered.

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
I gotta get an answer how this large number of people were cloned. I feel without that answer there's a large hole in the movie.

Not sure you can just say, well people were cloned and we don't need to know how :stopitslime:

Do you really need to know how? The family in the movie doesn't even know how and I doubt it matters if they did.

Daps
This movie is dope thematically if you don’t read books in general. Otherwise the hamfisted takeaways are just generic tropes.

Lupita is an amazing actress. This might be her best role ever.

But the movie doesn’t deserve the R-rating.

Part of me feels like the 90s has r-rated movies harder than this.

Usually, R ratings are given if there is more than one F-word, nudity other than a butt, and blood and gore. This film has a lot of blood, so I’m thinking that’s where the R rating comes from. They didn’t have the “gore”, but the blood is there.

Take for instance, The Dark Knight. That was R level violence, but no blood.

OR

Jordan wanted the R because he really wanted it classified as a horror film, and most people aren’t convinced that PG13 horrors are actually scary.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.

I don’t really think it matters tbh. I don’t think the clones even know. The people who did it left them without any leader or any help and just abandon them. Pretty sure they wouldn’t know how they was cloned

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t really think it matters tbh. I don’t think the clones even know. The people who did it left them without any leader or any help and just abandon them. Pretty sure they wouldn’t know how they was cloned

I'm not saying the clones need to know how. The audience needs to know how they were cloned. It's a pretty big question.

Look, I have no doubt they'll never answer, but it's a question that should be asked.