“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
I think the white fam's shadows/tethers murking them so fast was to flip the traditional horror movie trope of black people always dying first in them. I also was thinking that maybe the white family did more shyt in their lives that brought more raw pain to their tethers (for example the wife mentions getting some work done on her face)... and from RED's dialogue in an earlier scene they basically felt all that pain without any modern medicine, IDK.

I was thinking the same thing about the table, the film went for a HR with the reveal and the overall arc of the theme behind it, but everything leading up to it just wasn't as tightly written as I was expecting. This was def a horror movie with the amount of dumb shyt that the characters were doing to encourage fukkery for viewers, but the film didn't really put me in a tense state, wasn't scary at all. This is one of those movies where people's theories will carry the discussion for it, but execution wise it left some things to be desired for me.

And the twist was predictable. No lie, my wife called it out loud right after the opening credits, and I was thinking it just off how they edited that scene before it cut away. So when it was revealed at the end we were like
:manny:
That point about them feeling everything without the modern medicine is excellent and something I didn’t think of. Great break down fam

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
I'm not saying the clones need to know how. The audience needs to know how they were cloned. It's a pretty big question.

Look, I have no doubt they'll never answer, but it's a question that should be asked.

:manny: You the first person I seen that thinks it’s important to know how the cloning took place. That question not even important tbh. You never even get to see who was doing the cloning, so the science of how they did it don’t matter to me

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
This movie is dope thematically if you don’t read books in general. Otherwise the hamfisted takeaways are just generic tropes.

Lupita is an amazing actress. This might be her best role ever.

But the movie doesn’t deserve the R-rating.

Part of me feels like the 90s has r-rated movies harder than this.
What? Literally saw a woman get her throat slit on screen.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I think the white fam's shadows/tethers murking them so fast was to flip the traditional horror movie trope of black people always dying first in them. I also was thinking that maybe the white family did more shyt in their lives that brought more raw pain to their tethers (for example the wife mentions getting some work done on her face)... and from RED's dialogue in an earlier scene they basically felt all that pain without any modern medicine, IDK.

I was thinking the same thing about the table, the film went for a HR with the reveal and the overall arc of the theme behind it, but everything leading up to it just wasn't as tightly written as I was expecting. This was def a horror movie with the amount of dumb shyt that the characters were doing to encourage fukkery for viewers, but the film didn't really put me in a tense state, wasn't scary at all. This is one of those movies where people's theories will carry the discussion for it, but execution wise it left some things to be desired for me.

And the twist was predictable. No lie, my wife called it out loud right after the opening credits, and I was thinking it just off how they edited that scene before it cut away. So when it was revealed at the end we were like
:manny:

I DONT THINK RED REALLY WANTED TO KILL
HER KIDS.

SHE JUST WANTED HER LIFE BACK.

SHE TOLD THAT LITTLE BOY THE TRUTH
AND STUFFED HIM IN A LOCKER
AFTER SHE KIDNAPPED HIM.

IF YOU NOTICE ADEL WAS THE ONE WHO WAS OUT FOR BLOOD THROUGHOUT THE MOVIE.
(jumping out the truck to get the girl in the tree)
(Jumping out the truck to get the boy on the beach)
WHILE RED DIDNT KILL ANYONE.
:devil:
:evil:

Last edited:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
No way the OG SON is tethered. There's no way to explain why he doesn't have burns on his face.

I dont think he is but in reality it doesn’t matter. BOTH sets of kids are half-tethered.

But let’s talk about what it means to be tethered... is that a big deal? They’re still human and as evidenced by the main character, if they’re raised in a normal environment then they become normal human beings. In conclusion, I don’t think it matters.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I DONT THINK RED REALLY WANTED TO KILL
HER KIDS.

SHE JUST WANTED HER LIFE BACK.

SHE TOLD THAT LITTLE BOY THE TRUTH
AND STUFFED HIM IN A LOCKER
AFTER SHE KIDNAPPED HIM.

IF YOU NOTICE ADEL WAS THE ONE WHO WAS OUT FOR BLOOD THROUGHOUT THE MOVIE.
(jumping out the truck to get the girl in the tree)
(Jumping out the truck to get the boy on the beach)
WHILE RED DIDNT KILL ANYONE.
:devil:
:evil:

:ohhh::wow: