“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Really enjoyed this, I don't understand the negative reviews but that's the business. It's not a Get Out sequel, letting Us stand on its own merits without that baggage, it's a damn good horror/thriller film. There was certainly some comedic elements (intentional and unintentional) but you have that in nearly every horror film.

Peele just added another good entry to a growing filmography.

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
There is definitely some hidden meanings in there I just haven't figured out what I think yet cuz I don't like being wrong lmao
But on the surface it's still fukkin dope

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that still doesn't address my argument of the hours days immediately after she was taken below, unless i'm to believe she went insane in less than a couple months or so, the flashbacks show her free & and, supposedly, of sound mind dancing in the subway as a kid, thus she could've gone back up the escalator. yes, she went insane over a lifetime of living down there, but the couple months after? it's plausible, but also not...but like i already said, i'm not going to keep dissecting it, but it's a gap that's obviously there to me

She was knocked out and placed in an unknown location within the tunnel. How would she known where she was and where to go???

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel u on...
The family bs'n on killin their dopplegangers. Thats where the movie lost most of its suspense w/ me. I kinda knew after the dad was still alive for all that time during the first encounter, the whole family was gon make it. Now my theory on that is, maybe Red and the rest of the main families' had rank over the other clones, cuz she was the only competent one and also when she started dancing she said she felt alive and the clones followed her lead. Even when their friends' clones got a hold of them they were also passive about killin them. I think their plan was going to be to hold them captive until the other parts of their plan (mass killings, human barricade) were complete and make an example of them for the other clones to signify their "emergence" or "ungathering" as she said.:yeshrug:

I took it as two reasons. One being that the white family's has no soul so killing them was no problem and it was part of the overall agenda of all the tethers. They're souless bodies with no true emotional connection. The other reason is with Adelaide and the families themselves. Let's remember that Adelaide and her doppelganger swapped, however both gave birth to half-breed tethers. They all were intimately connected with the exception of Gabe, which was why Gabe's doppelganger was trying to kill Gabe on sight, trying to beat him with a bat and everything. And that was only based from orders of Adelaide (the original). Adelaide & Red and both sets of children have a connection that none of the other tethers have, so despite Adelaide (the original) wanting to TORTURE Red the same way she been swapped and tortured and punished, I do not really think her intentions was to kill her outright. That was too easy and unsatisfying after 30 plus years of being stripped from her own humanity.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Another small thing...
Was Red's dad in the beginning of the film suppose to be an alcoholic? Or a good dad but a dude with flaws? He was acting and moving weird as hell at the theme park. Were they trying to insinuate he was a sloppy drunk? And even at the counseling he appeared pretty :manny: about the daughter while the mom was in shambles

To tell you the truth, my only MAIN ISSUE with this film are how every father, even the white dad, were portrayed.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
She was knocked out and placed in an unknown location within the tunnel. How would she known where she was and where to go???
the same way she knew the way out 30 years later :comeon:

and again, the way they shot that escalator, it looked to be directly connected to the main hallway where the tethered spent time, i get them not realizing how to use it, but she should've