“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
It was a good movie not as black centered as get out even with more black characters. I liked it and I’m a big horror fan . I put get out above this as it suprised me more The twists here are interesting but somewhat predictable

I thought it’s was straight, not really scary and funnier than expected.

Since I ain’t have my analytical glasses on, prolly missed a lot of shyt.

Oh and your dap brought some “good will” and stopped me from making a great troll post regarding something else.:lolbron:

I mean it was a joke and just fun innocent humor, but I’m gonna save it for another time :mjlol:

:salute:

Martha

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just got back from seeing it. I liked it but it wasn't as good as get out for me. Small stuff bothered me on this one
like I figured out the twist when the family first showed up. I was like why this bytch so mad at her? Then I was like oooooh she feel robbed and must of gotten body snatched.

Did they have that table bolted down or something in the house? Cause she wasn't able to move for shyt while hand cuffed lol

Too many points in the movie where the family had one of the normal ones dead to rights but they backed off. The CAC family went in and got busy immediately but took they time with the black family and even kept the mama hostage

What was the point of them holding hands in a line?

I know it was a government program or something but how did no one terminate all them clones and just let them run free?

I think the most accurate quote of the movie is when the dad said, " what kind of fukk up pretentious art house shyt is this" or something like that. And I was like ,"exactly"

7/10

Last edited:

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Just got back from seeing it. I liked it but it wasn't as good as get out for me. Small stuff bothered me on this one
like I figured out the twist when the family first showed up. I was like why this bytch so mad at her? Then I was like oooooh she feel robbed and must of gotten body snatched.

Did they have that table bolted down or something in the house? Cause she wasn't able to move for shyt while hand cuffed lol

Too many points in the movie where the family had one of the normal ones dead to rights but they backed off. The CAC family went in and got busy immediately but took they time with the black family and even kept the mama hostage

I know it was a government program or something but how did no one terminate all them clones and just let them run free?

7/10

Best explanation I seen so far

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Here are my spoiler thoughts..... Of course this will take multiple viewings and I'm still processing it all.

I thought the movie was cool. My main gripe is the plot twist which I sorta figured even before seeing the movie, because it's so cliche. I was hoping Peele wasn't going to go where with the body swap. I think we on The Coli predicted that being a possibility when the trailer first was released. So I was disappointed in that. It could of been just as fine without that part. But being that's part of the story, let's get into the relevancy to the body swap in context to the motivations of the story. It explains a bit why Adelaide wasn't messed with by the other doppelgangers, those doppelgangers held with more with a type of relevance in comparison to the slaughter of everybody else. I think the therapy as a child helped her block that past life, yet it kept lingering with her nightmares. I think, and I need to re-watch this, but her son was swapped too. I say that because at the beach he left and met that mysterious being dripping with blood. And nothing was explain after that except him drawing a picture that SHE recognized. The supposed "doppelganger" is the REAL son. I believe it's the reason ONLY HIS MOUTH was scarred/burnt shut and they did whatever to that boy. It also explains how her son knew SO MUCH. But that's just my assumption.

I not fully have an understanding of the rabbits, but the Hands Across America, you have to be old enough to get it. If US is a reflection of "us" or "U.S.", is us the American people, it speaks about how we are a society that are controlled like puppets. We always talk about people being sheep and those who are woke. Apparently, Adelaide was the only one who was woke and saw America in its TRUE COLORS. The Adelaide that was among the Tethers wanted to liberate them as well as revenge to her escaped doppelganger that took her place. The REAL Hands Across America was one of those several huge humanitarian nonprofit events with the proceeds supposedly to help the homeless aka the tethers. So, in one fashion, it is a protest of those who was left behind, neglected, oppressed and they rose to liberation and to make themselves known to the world. At the same fashion it exposes US as being brain dead zombies and how the tethers were reenacting our movements it look like we're zombies.

Peele's conspiracy of the government implanted remote chips and DNA to control how we move and think is an interesting claim.

There's a lot of obvious duality in this film, a lot of mirror reflections with the exception of the end where Adelaide's son reflection at the car window was blurred out except for the rabbit he was holding (another clue that he's originally from the underground). It is interesting that he kept the rabbit which was from my understand their food.

It's a cool film. I think it'll turn some people off, but I dug it.

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
"O...kay. " - me and my homegirl at the end

(I know I would have to go back and watch it a second time to catch the smaller plot points, but I don't care enough to do so.)

Last edited:

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good but not great. It's about as good as any of the other stand out horror movies from the past few years. Compared to Get Out I think the execution was nowhere near as concise. The story is pretty straight forward but the way Peele decided to visualize some things just created questions for me that didn't need to exist. The exposition in Get Out was better handled. I feel like tell and not show would have been the better choice for this material.

Get Out completely transcended the typical genre shyt you got from horror movies whereas Us leans into the typical but the cast and most of the direction choices keep it from feeling typical.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

7/10

To answer some of your questions from how I gathered.

Her doppelganger I believed mentioned she wanted to take her time with them, sorta like punish them. As for the other family and their hesitancy on her. I think it's out of reverence. Her doppelganger was still the leader, so there's a hesitancy there.

And I presume you are too young or not born when they done the Hands Across America back in 1986. I'm an old her and remember this and in retrospect it's one of the most SHEEPISH thing we done. So, I found it interesting the Peele went there with that. But in the story narrative, it was what the original Adelaide last recalled before being kidnapped and swapped. So when she became the leader of the Tethers, she motioned this as their protest against America. The original Hands Across America campaign was to help fight homelessness, it made a lot of money, but it certainly did not help the homeless. I believe "tethered" = Homeless people.

From my understanding, the government were using the Tethers and people of the mainland as puppets. Suggesting that we do not have free will and are really under control.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Good but not great. It's about as good as any of the other stand out horror movies from the past few years. Compared to Get Out I think the execution was nowhere near as concise. The story is pretty straight forward but the way Peele decided to visualize some things just created questions for me that didn't need to exist. The exposition in Get Out was better handled. I feel like tell and not show would have been the better choice for this material.

Get Out completely transcended the typical genre shyt you got from horror movies whereas Us leans into the typical but the cast and most of the direction choices keep it from feeling typical.

Thank you.

I appreciate hearing that opinion and wish more would go there with judgment of movies.

Too many times it’s “it can only be great or trash” no middle ground no good.

This was a good movie

Martha

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Also.... I’m gonna go ahead and admit.

I ain’t get this movie:hubie:

I know a lot of us be scared to admit shyt like that and some times try to act smarter than what we are. But fukk it, why?

I was fairly entertained but wasn’t looking to or trynna analyze and I didn’t get it.

But I will probably watch again and continue to read y’all theories until we get the official after the fact statements from Peele once some time passes

Martha

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also.... I’m gonna go ahead and admit.

I ain’t get this movie:hubie:

I know a lot of us be scared to admit shyt like that and some times try to act smarter than what we are. But fukk it, why?

I was fairly entertained but wasn’t looking to or trynna analyze and I didn’t get it.

But I will probably watch again and continue to read y’all theories until we get the official after the fact statements from Peele once some time passes

Martha

I didn't think the movie was that hard to get. It is a metaphor about American society. People are sheep and many live oppressed and forgotten. And the oppressed and forgotten is eventually going to rise up and liberate themselves.