Urban Meyer, welcome to Austin, Texas

King Poetic

I’m Washed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
Urban is done, finished with coaching

he goes anywhere it probably would be as a advisor that will pay him 5 plus million a year

Texas boosters, fans, alumni are the real athletic directors and who make the decisions, cause every thing u do from coaching or eating a certain restaurant say a Oklahoma sooner ate at they have something to say

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Urban would win big at Texas, but I doubt he gets back into coaching. They should go after Gary Patterson.
For who? For what? Man has a statue outside the stadium of his current job. Why leave?

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
If Urban was to go there we know he would make a HUGE difference but for some reason i think Texas will have to temper their expectations when it comes to getting him. I would never say never but either he stays retired or waits for another opening that interests him.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
@dtownreppin214 givin ZERO fukks. He’s tired of that shyt. :heh:

I wish we’d upgrade our coach. :mjcry:
He made it personal yesterday.

ZGWxoj3.png

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Shiiiiidddd you really think this gonna take two weeks?
You right. Probably happens next week.

I thought they had to wait till December 1st for a 5M reduction in the buyout, but apparently that reduction is prorated monthly. Herman's firing is imminent.

Last edited:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Why would he do that? Texas just needs to realize they’re not an elite program anymore. Like they have money and clout because of their past but they have to stop pretending they’re a compete for a title or bust team. Just like Michigan. It puts unnecessary pressure on a coach. Urban gonna fake a heart attack mid season
Why?

Live in a world-class city while making 12-15M/yr w/ no state income tax isn't intriguing? Other than the oline, the cupboard isn't bare here for him.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Why would he do that? Texas just needs to realize they’re not an elite program anymore. Like they have money and clout because of their past but they have to stop pretending they’re a compete for a title or bust team. Just like Michigan. It puts unnecessary pressure on a coach. Urban gonna fake a heart attack mid season

Texas is a top 3 talent hotbed in the county, Michigan, is not.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando

Texas can literally flip the switch overnight. They’ve got talent. They can hit the transfer portal and the Juco ranks for patchwork olineman in Urban’s first year, and then they’re off. You guys sleeping on Texas high school football. AND let’s not pretend Urban doesn’t get 90-95% of who he goes after. This shyts as close to a guarantee as the word is defined.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Sounds like 5yr/60M on the table but he ain't coming without the wife's cosign and he wants "the mafia" to come too @smitty22 .

Guarantee Combs and Larry Johnson follow him if he asks them. That’s all he needs. All the while fukking over OSU.. and I’m here for that too :mjgrin:

Might even get Hartline too. :scheme:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
The boosters at Texas are the problem. They're way too involved with the program. They got the same problem at FSU. I don't know enough about what's going on at Michigan, but I would assume it's that too.
Eh, the problem at FSU is Bobby built that program with a certain decorum with the boosters and did it with less money than other big programs. The FSU boosters weren't ready to say goodbye to that old good ole boy shyt and start cutting checks to compete with SEC and Clemson spending. That's not the problem Urban is gonna have at Texas.

While FSU was winning Jimbo had his eye on what was happening at Clemson and was ringing the alarm bells but the boosters thought they could keep nickle and diming and it'd be fine because of 2013/2014.

FSU eventually got to the Miami issue which is the school/boosters don't want to spend what it takes to compete in football now that the cost of being elite went up.

No Mack Brown around to nix the deal.
Speak on this :ohhh:

Last edited: