UPDATED: DRAKE - SCORPION - 740k total activity, 150-160k album

Benefited

Banned
Daps
All this tells me is that streams aren't the cheat codes the Coli claims them to be. The Jay/Bey album and now this one tells me that we can expect to see a continued downward trend in numbers for pop artists.

Drake fans are product based as I've said before which is why there's been no lasting harm (in regards to his fanbase) from the Pusha beef. They would rather stream individual songs as opposed to buying his album when given the opportunity.

Artists like Kendrick and Cole have fanbases that are invested in both the person and product so they will get the streams and the sales. This ultimately puts them on better footing moving forward.

Drake is going to have to find away to get people invested in him as a person. I mean, we have the Drake obsessed in the Booth but those aren't translating into record sales. He needs to cultivate a fanbase that likes him for more than his last hit.

It is a cheat code,but as long as they contintue to differentiate pure sales from the streams I'm fine with it.
I'm not a Drake stan whatsoever,and have been called a Kendrick stan numerous times on here,just so not to be confused.
But I will say that artist like Kendrick and J Cole will benefit greatly from "pure sales" based on the fact they also cater to a older audience who still will buy the physical copy at a store:flabbynsick:. So that will somewhat bolster the "pure sales" numbers for them. But Drake is very popular in a digital space whereas J Cole and Kendrick are not nearly in that regard,so even that being the case his digital sales seem like they should be higher.
Sounds like he released it at a bad time,people heard there was no Pusha diss,felt it was underwhelming,lost respect for Drake and decided to skip it.Plus I think he dropped it on a Friday when people are busy. Gave people who were busy,too much time to hear the album wass trash and not worth even listening to:mjgrin:
Also people are probably not trying to pay more for a double disc,which I'm guessing it still cost more even if its digital.
Especially knowing half the album is for women,unless you were able to buy the disc individual.
Either way I would say these numbers are deservedly underwhelming. J Prince probably should have at least let people think there may be a diss on here,but they may have been worst in the long run had you teased and not delivered.

DanielAlfredsson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My bad if this has already been covered, but do all the streams for Nice For What and God's Plan up to now get included in these numbers?

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
You are a delusional stan. There was nothing factual.

Never in my life have I seen an album forced down people’s throats more than scorpion.

Never have I ever been spammed email from Spotify to go listen to an album before. Then I open the app and get pop ups,Drake’s face plastered on every playlist,and drake songs forced all over.

Damn didn’t get that same treatment. No album had been given that treatment.

The Industry used payola to push scorpion more than any album I’ve ever witnessed in music history.

Last edited:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
The album didn’t flop but those numbers are low for how hard and how forced this album was.

This album was the worst example of payola and the industry forcing an artist on people that I’ve ever seen.

The streaming services next step was to just force play the songs on your app. That’s how pathetic this push was that that move was the next step.

Less than 200K actual sales is VERY telling

Mac Milli

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It didn't help that drake has been hiding for the last month(pusha t questions ). He didn't do any interviews or press , the marketing was not right.

ThaEruditious

She luv it over here like Gold Watch.
Daps
Reppin
Nashville/Augusta
The album didn’t flop but those numbers are low for how hard and how forced this album was.

This album was the worst example of payola and the industry forcing an artist on people that I’ve ever seen.

The streaming services next step was to just force play the songs on your app. That’s how pathetic this push was that that move was the next step.

Less than 200K actual sales is VERY telling

Views - 852,000 pure sales first week
More Life - 226,000 pure sales first week
Scorpion - ~160,000 pure sales first week (TBD)

That decline though :huhldup::mjlol: