Update: #EndBadGovernanceInNigeria Protest 8/1/24 [Official 9ja 2023 Presidential Elections Thread]

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
On some real shyt, everybody who is black but ain't African...

Not even on some pan African shyt but some real shyt...

This shyt is a sad embarrassment.

Nigerians have thick ass skin.

That's why you see some folks in here ok with this shyt and alluding to their knowledge of Nigerian politics.

The problem is people have been killed and beaten like dogs for trying to vote in broad day light and we Nigerians normalize it and call it politics.

At least in America there is decency to commit atrocities in secret.

So Im highlighting this to other black people because in my opinion...

No matter how civilized, smart, rich, etc you get

The world sees Africa as your natural habitat

And as long as this shyt is happening in Africa and accepted as the norm...

We as black people have to own that.

With that, I'm still waiting to see how this plays out.

The stuff going on in Nigeria is baby shyt compared to the elections that has and continues to happen in USA elections.

African Americans used to get lynched when they tried to vote. Ron DeSantis was just having Black people locked up last year in Florida when they tried to vote, which was based upon bullshyt Republican legislatures stripping away voting rights from Black people who had criminal records. Politicians routinely shut down Black people polling places in the USA and/or gives Black voting communities defective machines to stop them from voting. All of those actions routinely cause long lines in Black people voting precincts which is designed to make Black people not want to vote. White people are always trying to kill the voting rights act; or trying to cast out Black people votes; or trying to get governors to over turn elections; or Hell when all else fails they will even attack congress to try to make them over throw a presidential election.

It doesn't sound like y'all have to guess how many jelly beans are in a jar or pay a poll tax in Nigeria in order to vote, but that is stuff that Black people used to have to do in the USA. It is just time to acknowledge a fact. Nigeria is a mess. It doesn't matter who wins the election. Nothing is going to change.

Ugo Ogugwa

Neega Wotsssss
Supporter
Daps
The stuff going on in Nigeria is baby shyt compared to the elections that has and continues to happen in USA elections.

African Americans used to get lynched when they tried to vote. Ron DeSantis was just having Black people locked up last year in Florida when they tried to vote, which was based upon bullshyt Republican legislatures stripping away voting rights from Black people who had criminal records. Politicians routinely shut down Black people polling places in the USA and/or gives Black voting communities defective machines to stop them from voting. All of those actions routinely cause long lines in Black people voting precincts which is designed to make Black people not want to vote. White people are always trying to kill the voting rights act; or trying to cast out Black people votes; or trying to get governors to over turn elections; or Hell when all else fails they will even attack congress to try to make them over throw a presidential election.

It doesn't sound like y'all have to guess how many jelly beans are in a jar or pay a poll tax in Nigeria in order to vote, but that is stuff that Black people used to have to do in the USA. It is just time to acknowledge a fact. Nigeria is a mess. It doesn't matter who wins the election. Nothing is going to change.

You're comparing apples to oranges.

You are citing atrocities white people did to black people in the US.

A more meaningful comparison to that would be what white colonizers did to Africans.

Tribalism is not the same as white racists seeing black people as less than human.

So black people doing it to themselves is more embarrassing, savage, and unpatriotic in my opinion.

The fact that you think Nigeria is irredeemable even with the right leadership shows what you think about Nigerians.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

A more meaningful comparison to that would be what white colonizers did to Africans.

Tribalism is not the same as white racists seeing black people as less than human.

So black people doing it to themselves is more embarrassing, savage, and unpatriotic in my opinion.

The fact that you think Nigeria is irredeemable even with the right leadership shows what you think about Nigerians.
America is the most tribal country on Earth. America and Americans hate everbody, including each other. American White people versus American Black people. North versus South. Liberals versus conservatives. White collar versus Blue collar. Rich versus poor. Christian Religious Right wing/Klan/Nazi Party/Police against poor Black people and all women. On and on and on. All of that is tribalism and it has been going on for hundredsof years.

The problem with Nigeria is that the people have not had enough of the bullshyt yet. Regular people in Nigeria are hurting and elected government officials don't give a damn. When the people get fed up then there will be real change. America has politicians that are more crooked than Nigerian politicians, but the difference is that American politicians have enough good sense to throw the people a bone every once in a while like covid relief and stuff like that.

Hydroking23

Gunners for Life!
Daps
Reppin
Michigan Avenue & Aba Road
On some real shyt, everybody who is black but ain't African...

Not even on some pan African shyt but some real shyt...

This shyt is a sad embarrassment.

Nigerians have thick ass skin.

That's why you see some folks in here ok with this shyt and alluding to their knowledge of Nigerian politics.

The problem is people have been killed and beaten like dogs for trying to vote in broad day light and we Nigerians normalize it and call it politics.

At least in America there is decency to commit atrocities in secret.

So Im highlighting this to other black people because in my opinion...

No matter how civilized, smart, rich, etc you get

The world sees Africa as your natural habitat

And as long as this shyt is happening in Africa and accepted as the norm...

We as black people have to own that.

With that, I'm still waiting to see how this plays out.
Cry me a river. You claim to know so much about 9ja but you couldn't see this coming. Any form mental gymnastics you try and spew on here won't fly. You hyped up Obi and he LOST. He couldn't even come in 2nd :scusthov:

Myself and others told you he can't win and guess what?? HE DIDN'T WIN. Even went as far as comparing him to Obama :mjlol: as I told you before your only hope is the Supreme Court and that's gonna be another big L for you.

Biafra already supplying Ghana and other nations. Sadly, due to the federal government, we can't supply our own. I can't wait till Biafra is here. You can have the zoo.
Biafra ain't supplying Ghana with nothing. Niger Delta oil and gas, yes. Your oil wells in Imo and Abia never reach anywhere. Use your energy to help stop all the Igbo on Igbo killing that's going on in your region. But you ain't ready for that conversation :ufdup:

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
America is the most tribal country on Earth. America and Americans hate everbody, including each other. American White people versus American Black people. North versus South. Liberals versus conservatives. White collar versus Blue collar. Rich versus poor. Christian Religious Right wing/Klan/Nazi Party/Police against poor Black people and all women. On and on and on. All of that is tribalism and it has been going on for hundredsof years.

The problem with Nigeria is that the people have not had enough of the bullshyt yet. Regular people in Nigeria are hurting and elected government officials don't give a damn. When the people get fed up then there will be real change. America has politicians that are more crooked than Nigerian politicians, but the difference is that American politicians have enough good sense to throw the people a bone every once in a while like covid relief and stuff like that.

We no want die
We no want wound
We no want quench
We no want go
I get one child
Mama dey for house
Papa dey for house

chkmeout

marshawn lynch handshake
Daps

Get this American bullshyt out of here. No reason to bring any of that shyt up :camby:

Hydroking23

Gunners for Life!
Daps
Reppin
Michigan Avenue & Aba Road

Here you go shifting the goal post. Your exact quote: "At least in America there is decency to commit atrocities in secret."

He provides you examples of American atrocities committed in the open and now you say he's comparing Apples to Oranges :comeon: . The L's are stacking up for you. Please go sit down somewhere.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Cry me a river. You claim to know so much about 9ja but you couldn't see this coming. Any form mental gymnastics you try and spew on here won't fly. You hyped up Obi and he LOST. He couldn't even come in 2nd :scusthov:

Myself and others told you he can't win and guess what?? HE DIDN'T WIN. Even went as far as comparing him to Obama :mjlol: as I told you before your only hope is the Supreme Court and that's gonna be another big L for you.

Biafra ain't supplying Ghana with nothing. Niger Delta oil and gas, yes. Your oil wells in Imo and Abia never reach anywhere. Use your energy to help stop all the Igbo on Igbo killing that's going on in your region. But you ain't ready for that conversation :ufdup:

This fool has no clue

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Get this American bullshyt out of here. No reason to bring any of that shyt up :camby:
It is called perspective. I am sorry you hurting right now broah. To quote Obama "be the change that you want to see." I guess that people didn't want to change. :manny:

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
It is called perspective. I am sorry you hurting right now broah. To quote Obama "be the change that you want to see." I guess that people didn't want to change. :manny:

Nigeria’s courts (especially its Supreme Court) have been compromised by the ruling party years ago so there isn’t really a solution.

And the last time Nigerians took the streets, the ruling party sent the Nigerian Army to gun them down in cities across Nigeria in 2020.

That’s it. Game over. Nigeria’s destiny has been set.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
tinubu.gif