UNSUNG: Bone Thugs-N-Harmony.......The After-Party

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Loved "World So Cruel" with the Patti Labelle sample. Rev definitely altered his flow on the Flesh song good catch but it wasn't a mindblowing verse like Big's. But it was a good verse but got very repetitive after awhile. Big's verse had more diversity in his flow and that's more in line with Bone cause their flows were so diverse.

biggie didnt have a mind-blowing verse either.

and even if you dont want to come-to-grips with that, im sure we can agree to call a spade a spade and admit that biggie's verse wasnt in-line with bone's style.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Yeah Uni5 was a disappointment. If it had better beats/production it would've certainly been to the level of BTNHRessurection.

yup. uni-5 was an hour-long tease.

they say the label picked all those wack tracks. u-neek did a video playing instrumentals of joints that didnt make the album. but at the end of the day, bone still recorded those wack songs and rapped over those poppy beats. and now, bizzy is on unsung, claiming that the album was before its time.:laugh:

its frustrating because these dudes still have IT. and they have a dedicated fanbase. they need to give the fans what they want or just pack it up, because theyre a waste of talent.

the snippets i heard from world war 3 sounded dope. i never came across the album in stores tho, so ive yet to hear the whole thing. @DaveyDave.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I know Bizzy had a hard life but his antics almost ruined the group. Thankfully Kray, Lazyie and Wish held the group together all those years while Bizzy was acting up and Flesh was in jail.

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
yup. uni-5 was an hour-long tease.

they say the label picked all those wack tracks. u-neek did a video playing instrumentals of joints that didnt make the album. but at the end of the day, bone still recorded those wack songs and rapped over those poppy beats. and now, bizzy is on unsung, claiming that the album was before its time.:laugh:

its frustrating because these dudes still have IT. and they have a dedicated fanbase. they need to give the fans what they want or just pack it up, because theyre a waste of talent.

the snippets i heard from world war 3 sounded dope. i never came across the album in stores tho, so ive yet to hear the whole thing. @DaveyDave.
I downloaded WW3 a while ago, I'm just gonna out all my Bone stuff on the iPhone and check it out over the next few weeks

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
biggie didnt have a mind-blowing verse either.

and even if you dont want to come-to-grips with that, im sure we can agree to call a spade a spade and admit that biggie's verse wasnt in-line with bone's style.

Actually it was very in line with Bone's style as everyone praises his verse for this reason. You do realize Bone Thugs performs "Notorious Thugs" at all their shows till this day? Why? cause they know it's one of the most popular song in their entire discography. Layzie even said, "Man everywhere we go they want us to play Crossroads and Notorious Thugs". Big's verse is one of the biggest reasons the song has stood the test of time. Even in this documentary they did a whole segment on this song.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Actually it was very in line with Bone's style as everyone praises his verse for this reason. You do realize Bone Thugs performs "Notorious Thugs" at all their shows till this day? Why? cause they know it's one of the most popular song in their entire discography. Layzie even said, "Man everywhere we go they want us to play Crossroads and Notorious Thugs". Big's verse is one of the biggest reasons the song has stood the test of time. Even in this documentary they did a whole segment on this song.

who is everybody? people that arent really hip to the style?:heh:

the song is a big deal because it was a blockbuster collabo. same with the pac joint.

sure, they did a whole segment on the song but who really saw it as a must-see segment?

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
This definitely should've been two hours long. There was A LOT of shyt skipped over. Barely mentioned their solo attempts, the Mo Thugs label, some of the beefs and reconciliations such as Twista.
It's a show designed to show why they were underrated, not their entire life story.

speaking Unsung, why in the hell is TVOne doing an Unsung on Rick James when Behind the Music built their show off Rick (and Hammer's) backs?

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
sidenote: my favorite part about these episodes is when they show the charts.

naughty by nature's "mourn you til i join you" was #2 on the rap charts.:whew: no type of push.

Naw bro... That shiit was on TRL for weeks.

It was a beautiful thing.

TRL at its peak in the late 90's was more hiphop than most urban radio stations today.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Man don't get me wrong I loved "Unsung" but it's basically the Black "Behind the Music".

:why:

why everytime black people do something, it has to be seen as a black spinoff? why cant it be a documentary show? if white people did the show, would yall be constantly calling it a dutch or irish version of "behind the music"?

it doesnt even have the same premise as BTM. and on top of that, BTM was off the air for years when unsung came out.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
:why:

why everytime black people do something, it has to be seen as a black spinoff? why cant it be a documentary show? if white people did the show, would yall be constantly calling it a dutch or irish version of "behind the music"?

it doesnt even have the same premise as BTM. and on top of that, BTM was off the air for years when unsung came out.

It's the exact same format and show as BTM. They even followed the same formula. I didn't say it was a bad thing just saying it's clear what they are doing. BTM is obviously the Standard as it's the most popular music documentary show in history.

Funk Flex

HOT 97
Daps
Reppin
Bronx

E784055B-E229-4DFB-87D5-83B6CA6FC648_zps81cyo5vx.jpg

Last edited: