UNSUNG: Bone Thugs-N-Harmony.......The After-Party

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
ehh, mo thugs had multi-platinum compilations and a #1 hit.

i wasnt expecting them to spend much time on it like they did for say epmd & hit squad, cuz bone had alot more to talk about. but a mere 60 seconds or so wouldve hit the spot.

hell, they couldve took that biggie smalls lovefest out of the show. they sure mentioned 2pac and kept it moving. but they spent like 3 minuts pandering to new york.

i think they mentioned Biggie more because he changed his style so much to be on the song with Bone. Pac just spit his normal shyt but slower and drawn out, a lot like Eazy. that really did spark a lot of NY MC's trying that bouncy double time style.

dope episode, i'm gonna give some of those less memorable albums a listen.i've never really listened to Thug World Order or Uni5 and never heard Thug Stories at all.

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
that's dope hpw the fast rapping started just because they had a challenge to see who could fit the most words in a verse/bar

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
whats the story with krayzie and tombstone or whatever his name is..who was he?

.. never heard it

and what they say about it on this unsung?

madness

Taking my talents to South Beach
Daps
Reppin
City of Zoes
man sin was full of shyt when he implicated krayzie in tombstone's murder:mjlol:

right?:lupe:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Man don't get me wrong I loved "Unsung" but it's basically the Black "Behind the Music". But the Episode on Bone was good. Brought me back. Bone thugs REVOLUTIONIZED RAPPING AND SINGING PERIOD. The crazy thing is they actually COULD RAP, like Lyrically. Just cause you guys couldn't understand (Trust me, even us Bone heads lyrics went over our heads) doesn't mean they weren't spitting. But these dudes could actually SING. Like they had strong voices. If they weren't rapping they could of been a choir, real talk or an RnB group. Here's the full episode for those that missed it:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
i think they mentioned Biggie more because he changed his style so much to be on the song with Bone. Pac just spit his normal shyt but slower and drawn out, a lot like Eazy. that really did spark a lot of NY MC's trying that bouncy double time style.

dope episode, i'm gonna give some of those less memorable albums a listen.i've never really listened to Thug World Order or Uni5 and never heard Thug Stories at all.

rev run did it before biggie tho. they didnt even mention him. but i see what youre saying about east coast dudes hoppin on the bandwagon after biggie.

- TWO has some hidden gems that get over-looked. the album is half-hot actually.
- thug stories was really just some chit that they threw out there on koch while negotioating with major labels. they had alot of better tracks that they were saving for the major.
- Uni5?? you might want to stay away from that one breh. the sad part is, in terms of skillset, this might have been there best album, but the actual tracks were soft as baby chit.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
rev run did it before biggie tho. they didnt even mention him. but i see what youre saying about east coast dudes hoppin on the bandwagon after biggie.

- TWO has some hidden gems that get over-looked. the album is half-hot actually.
- thug stories was really just some chit that they threw out there on koch while negotioating with major labels. they had alot of better tracks that they were saving for the major.
- Uni5?? you might want to stay away from that one breh. the sad part is, in terms of skillset, this might have been there best album, but the actual tracks were soft as baby chit.

Loved "World So Cruel" with the Patti Labelle sample. Rev definitely altered his flow on the Flesh song good catch but it wasn't a mindblowing verse like Big's. But it was a good verse but got very repetitive after awhile. Big's verse had more diversity in his flow and that's more in line with Bone cause their flows were so diverse.

lepard

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yeah Uni5 was a disappointment. If it had better beats/production it would've certainly been to the level of BTNHRessurection.