Unpopular Video Game Opinions vol. 3000

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Since we on RPGs,

I can respect the contribution of a classic games, but there are few games PS1/PS2 and down, I'd be like I don't really want this boot this up, there's some ugly design choices and annoying mechanics, I do not want to mess with that at all again. With that understanding, you do not need to play all these classics or current games with accolades. I see a lot of folks trying to power thru things they don't like for an experience. Drop that game off your current. If it's on your backlog and you ain't passionate about it, drop it off that backlog. This ain't homework.

I like DQ8/9 but as a whole series, It definitely fall into blandom. It's hard to got thru those games these days, since everything else is more just straight up more entertaining.
Persona gameplay carries the story esp 4th game. I've seen detective conan episodes better than that game's story.:mjlol: but I'll still powered thru because who's not going to play dungeon crawler + monster collector game (We barely have these outside of pokemon)

ME as a series >>> your favorite wRPG.

8.TRES

All Star
Daps
naughty dog games are mad boring to play, they need to rebrand as a movie production company

the infamous series needs a complete reboot like god of war, sucker punch is sitting on gold w that

horizon is mad bland, its a fusion of a bunch of different games in an interesting setting thats just well done enough to not be disappointing

nintendo has completely cornered the demographic of games that are fun to just pick up and play for an hour or so and that shyt is a dub; it feels like every big developer game nowadays is on some ultra serious narrative driven shyt and they all play the same, its fire what ubisoft did with fenyx even though its mad similar to breath of the wild and it should be more games like that

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The 16-bit era still styles on modern games.
IMO the Ps2/Gamecube/Xbox generation was the last TRULY great era of gaming. Video games are just "aight" to me now.
(Maybe that's just me getting older though.)

Sometimes smaller rosters in games can be >>>>>>> huge rosters.
Having 100 characters doesn't mean jack to me if 85% of them are unplayable because they aren't good enough.
I'd rather play a fighting game with only 12-16 characters where nearly everyone is viable and has unique skills and playstyle, as opposed to a game with 100 characters where everyone has to rely on the same fighting style and there are only six viable characters.

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
IMO the Ps2/Gamecube/Xbox generation was the last TRULY great era of gaming. Video games are just "aight" to me now.

Having 100 characters doesn't mean jack to me if 85% of them are unplayable because they aren't good enough.
I'd rather play a fighting game with only 12-16 characters where nearly everyone is viable and has unique skills and playstyle, as opposed to a game with 100 characters where everyone has to rely on the same fighting style and there are only six viable characters.

Me with league of legends.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Companies started to cater to cars after this.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Sony merely making consoles with bigger graphics, with no direction. Feels like that since the PS3. If it wasnt for Nintendo, they would charge $1200 per console and have graphical remakes.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
I liked mass effect 2 but doing the suicide mission thing should have been reserved for ME3 considering that was the finale of the series. There was no topping it and the stakes felt high in a way that any characer coule die made more sense in ME3.
ME 3 war assets barely made a difference. Me2 things like what you fitted your ship with or loyalty make a huge difference

Last edited:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I still like sports games.
NCAA25 is an 8-10
NBA 2k does a lot of things right from a creation standpoint, they let you get real creative in their franchise mode. I’m not saying they aren’t on done bs with my player and those stupid card games but if you looking for a good game to play with friends most sports games satisfy those situations

I roll my eyes every time grown men get excited for these Zelda games.

Daps
AC Valhalla was fun as fukk. Viking background is more entertaining than Greek stuff.

Starfield will be THAT GAME once the modding matures. If it ever pops up on PS5, it's over.

Elden Ring is the best of the Souls games....but that's because I like open-ended games where you can tackle objectives using your own strategy. You can limit your own leveling and make it harder on yourself or be cheesy with leveling and make it easier.

GTA V is a great game but they really gotta add more of an RPG element for GTA VI. I wanna be able to walk into every damn building...steal shyt and craft shyt like a Bethesda game. Would like the combat to have more of a Hitman-series feel. Don't always wanna use a gun to take out a target.

Sports games should not be released every year. They should make maybe 2 games over the life of a console but offer roster, rules etc updates. The annual releases make it harder to fix ongoing issues (Madden).