University of Alabama Sororities Still Won't Rush Black Women

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO

Nothing major, really, but he told me how during his frosh year he was walking to the local rec on campus and a couple of white boys drove by, shouted ****** and threw an empty bucket of chicken at him. (Same year) He was cool with some guy in one of his classes and the white dude invited him to some party. My brother brought his roommate and one of his other friends. When they get there, there's only one other black guy in sight and everyone is acting standoffish. Maybe about 15 minutes go by and the guy who invited him told him they were about to shut the party down because of an noise ordinance.

Two hours later the party was still going. :ld:

Said you could cut the tension with a knife after Obama's re-election, but that was pretty much everywhere.

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
Them white folks down there still must be using payphones and playing video games on a nintendo system

them fukks still living in 1923

But they not. These are alumns, nikkas with education and many with powerful positions in various industries
Folks gotta stop trying to stereotype and rationalize white supremacist and racist behavior as being "old mentality, backwoods country rednecks"
That why alot of black folks get geeked, ready to defend any white person, who is willing to smile and have lunch with them because they don't fit that BS stereotype

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
This frat fella says he got in contact with some of the sorority girls and writes an article about it.

http://totalfratmove.com/every-soro...k-girls-for-being-black-what-a-goddamn-joke/?

But the University is saying now that they will take actions to keep it from happening...:comeon:...believe it when I see black sorority chicks running around Alabama with their white sisters. The guy in the article put it best. Theres just too much ingrained tradition in those type of organizations at a place like Alabama. The whole of alumni will pull their monetary backing before they let a sista in their "club". :ohhh:Too many high paying positions being past out and God forbid this little girl get with one of the eligible bachelors before Mary Beth or Rachel:sadcam:. Nope.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
:aicmon: Mah G, again, trynna equate what black folks were fighting to do in regards to getting accepted into universities n other places of higher education in da 60s IS NOT da same as a couple of naive(possibly c00n) sistas trynna be accepted into some all white woman social club. Dere's plenty of black sororities out chea. And we can toss any "well what if they're aren't any at the school." excuse in da bushes. Mah brother went to da Naval Academy n still was able to pledge to be a Q.

:patrice: Now I could be wrong bout dem being part of da bandit masked squadron... but I doubt it. :ehh:

Either way. Dem chicks learned another life lesson I guess. :manny:

You think that there haven't been black women before this current lot who've attempted to join and got denied? you probably have 50 years worth of black women who've come thru the school and attempted to pledge

granted, these girls could've thought things were different just cause it's 2013...and then got a nikka wake up call...... but still, to sit and let white folk be openly racist at a school with such a rich history in overt racism and segregation, JUST cause black folks got they own shyt isn't acceptable either.

it's been 50 years since black folks were allowed to attend the school,42 since we could play football, and white alums still perpetuating institutionalized racism like aint shyt changed....

and we supposed to just let that shyt ride cause we got our own shyt?

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
Your point is not a real point... you don't need to immerse yourself around other blacks, to maintain your blackness.

that's like the backwards ass logic of people who say " he aint real, cause he don't be in the hood"

you don't need to even go to a black church or volunteer with other blacks to make sure you don't lose your blackness either..

are you just making this up as you go? or is this shyt you really believe?

"Maintaining blackness" is not something that comes natural due to the color of your skin, it's an active procedure
If it came naturally then there wouldn't be as many c00ns in existence
There wouldn't as many black folks trying to prove to white folks they are not the "typical" black person

I'm not a southerner. Heck technically I'm a foreigner if anything. Remember I am not american. It's just that it's disgusting to me how people always try to disassociate themselves from something that happens within the black community by finding a line of separation WITHIN their own community so they can wipe their hands clean of it.

Basically it's like this: Soemething happen in (let's say) 333 rural st, RandomCity, Alabama, USA
  • Typical person from the outside looking ing goes "Man them americans have no shame"
  • An america white male will be like "that aint us that's them uncivilized ass black people"
  • A black man from NY will be like "nah that aint us thats them down south "nikkas" acting up"
  • A black man from GA will be like "oh that aint us thats them country ass bama "nikkas" from Alabama"
  • Black man from Alabama will be like "man fukk that thats them RandomCity mofos wilding out over there"
See the pattern here? An injustice done to a black man is an injustice to all black man. These mofos act like they on some "Oh my side of Amerikkka is just fine but them down south negroes should have known not to be down there in the first place". Like i bet while you clown were talking shyt about the state of Florida after the Zimmerman equital mofos in Miami were saying "oh that aint is that's Cental Florida"

TooReal.com
This consciousness is part of what makes up "blackness"
By losing this consciousness , you are certainly losing your "blackness"

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
This frat fella says he got in contact with some of the sorority girls and writes an article about it.

http://totalfratmove.com/every-soro...k-girls-for-being-black-what-a-goddamn-joke/?

But the University is saying now that they will take actions to keep it from happening...:comeon:...believe it when I see black sorority chicks running around Alabama with their white sisters. The guy in the article put it best. Theres just too much ingrained tradition in those type of organizations at a place like Alabama. The whole of alumni will pull their monetary backing before they let a sista in their "club". :ohhh:Too many high paying positions being past out and God forbid this little girl get with one of the eligible bachelors before Mary Beth or Rachel:sadcam:. Nope.

What kind of sisterhood could it be now when you are "forcing" sisterhood at this point? How are these women suppose to embrace their "sisters" and embrace the ideals and values that the organization claim to represent when they are forced to be made a member by outside entities

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
You think that there haven't been black women before this current lot who've attempted to join and got denied? you probably have 50 years worth of black women who've come thru the school and attempted to pledge

granted, these girls could've thought things were different just cause it's 2013...and then got a nikka wake up call...... but still, to sit and let white folk be openly racist at a school with such a rich history in overt racism and segregation, JUST cause black folks got they own shyt isn't acceptable either.

it's been 50 years since black folks were allowed to attend the school,42 since we could play football, and white alums still perpetuating institutionalized racism like aint shyt changed....

and we supposed to just let that shyt ride cause we got our own shyt?

:what: lol You goin off on some completely different tangent and clearly aren't grasping mah simple point so imma just let it be.

You good breh. :yeshrug:

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
"Maintaining blackness" is not something that comes natural due to the color of your skin, it's an active procedure
If it came naturally then there wouldn't be as many c00ns in existence
There wouldn't as many black folks trying to prove to white folks they are not the "typical" black person

i'm saying, sustaining your blackness aint some shyt that's derived from attending black churches, or hanging around black people.

but far too many times, we see blacks from all walks of life getting into pissing contests over how black they are compared to other blacks.

understanding what your people have accomplished, knowing your history, and knowing you're not inferior to anybody because of your skin color will keep your blackness intact far longer than going to a black church and being around black people.

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
i'm saying, sustaining your blackness aint some shyt that's derived from attending black churches, or hanging around black people.

but far too many times, we see blacks from all walks of life getting into pissing contests over how black they are compared to other blacks.

understanding what your people have accomplished, knowing your history, and knowing you're not inferior to anybody because of your skin color will keep your blackness intact far longer than going to a black church and being around black people.
I agree. In addition to what you said, wanting to be around your people, wanting to break bread with folks who look like you is part of the active procedure,. We don't have to have the same religion, but we need some kind of interaction to

-reinforce my love for you
-reinforce that we as a people came a long way, but there still a long way to go
-reinforce to each other that there are some bad apples in the bunch, but not all of us are that way

One thing Bro. Polight said in a video that I agree with is that many black folks have a comfort/trust/willingness to follow/listen relationship with white folks over other black folks due to the daily positive interactions [medical services,employment opportunity, education services, food services, government services, automobile services etc]