University of Alabama Sororities Still Won't Rush Black Women

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
why do c00ns go to those schools in the first place?

Understand 60% of those enrolling this year at Alabama are from out of state (50 states and 70 something countries). The University of Alabama, besides Auburn, UAB, and UAH is one of the four top Universities in the state. The HBCUs were and are good, but some of their reputations are lacking now because of partying and some black students would rather go to a larger school known for engineering, science, law, medical training, etc.... A friend in my high school graduating class went to Alabama and was a AKA. She was the Salutatorian in our class, and now she's out working in the medical field. It was close to home for her and offered everything she wanted anyway. The whole University is not racist, but you always have pockets of racism. It might work to make some changes around there, but there's just too many old heads still around right now with influence.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
Understand 60% of those enrolling this year at Alabama are from out of state (50 states and 70 something countries). The University of Alabama, besides Auburn, UAB, and UAH is one of the four top Universities in the state. The HBCUs were and are good, but some of their reputations are lacking now because of partying and some black students would rather go to a larger school known for engineering, science, law, medical training, etc.... A friend in my high school graduating class went to Alabama and was a AKA. She was the Salutatorian in our class, and now she's out working in the medical field. It was close to home for her and offered everything she wanted anyway. The whole University is not racist, but you always have pockets of racism. It might work to make some changes around there, but there's just too many old heads still around right now with influence.

I feel you but the hbcu's have programs as well...I went to one and I dont have a problem getting a job at all in CS

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
I feel you but the hbcu's have programs as well...I went to one and I dont have a problem getting a job at all in CS

Right, that's why I didn't say HBCU graduates couldn't get a job. I was answering why some black students would choose to go to traditionally white Universities to get that experience and get educated in what they chose to from that specific University. I live in Huntsville where Alabama A&M is and of course I know people who went there can get a job just like anybody else. I'm just trying to explain why blacks might choose to go to traditionally white institutions of higher learning. It might be closer to family, it could be because of what they wanted to study, and could be because that's where they got a scholarship to attend. There's a lot of reasons. I went to what they would call a private school in Florida, but only because that was one of the the only places at the time that offered what I wanted to learn.

SwagKingKong

All Star
Daps
American brehs I've always wondered.. What the hell are sororities and fraternaties anyway? :wtf:

Hear it all the time in college movies but I've never figured out what it actually is :manny:

Rusty Kuntz

It be ya own peoples, huh?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!
fukk all that gay shyt, Black AND white frats.

Got nikkaz stompin around in jodessi boots like they killin roaches.

Be yo own man, nikka. I was up in Chicago wit my vice lord homies, and a bytch ass Black frat tried to get brolic wit us. It was 12 of them and like 7 of us. We whooped they bytch asses back to the UIC campus.
:deadmanny: :deadmanny: