United Airlines Boeing 737 lands in Oregon after losing panel in mid-air

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so was this shyt always happening and people weren't paying attention until the viral videos?

it kind of reminds me of how every time there was a train derailment it went wild after the one in palestine ohio.

not that i don't think this is clearly a boeing and airlines being cheap on engineering/maintenance issue as a whole.

but was this shyt happening often and it just wasn't as newsworthy before? :jbhmm:

aren't there a couple pilot brehs on here? someone @ them, i want want answers.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
so was this shyt always happening and people weren't paying attention until the viral videos?

it kind of reminds me of how every time there was a train derailment it went wild after the one in palestine ohio.

not that i don't think this is clearly a boeing and airlines being cheap on engineering/maintenance issue as a whole.

but was this shyt happening often and it just wasn't as newsworthy before? :jbhmm:

aren't there a couple pilot brehs on here? someone @ them, i want want answers.
Always been there, news just wasn’t reporting on things unless there was a crash.

LUCKILY a lot of rich people fly with us peasants since not the entire 1% can fly private all the time. Which means things should get fixed quick with these problems, nobody wants smoke from the FAA :ufdup:

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
Floodgates are open now. Can't think of one positive thing I've seen about Boeing in the media this entire week. Happy it landed without incident.

But I wonder where that missing panel is going to show up.

Third time this year something named Boeing has some shyt falling from the sky.
Stock is down 30% since the first door blew off. I fly quite a bit so this is depressing.
:francis:

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
How do you check those things? I've always wondered that.
I'm always very meticulous when travelling, from checking out the best routes, flight times and yes, aircraft.

I almost always typically will opt for a wide-body vs a narrow-body jet, even if it means taking a longer route because they handle turbulence better. Will go for an airline with the better track record usually as well even if it means paying a bit extra.

Some of these newer model Airbus aircraft have never even been involved in any major incidents i.e A380, A350, A330 neo etc. Neither have some older models like their A340. I will still take newer model Boeings like the 787s for long haul flights as they have excellent track records and super advanced systems, even down to turbulence dampening. I've taken the MAX as well on Ethiopian at that, and can't like lie was a bit nervous at first, but it's probably one of the safest aircrafts in sky now after it was grounded and had all of their issues addressed. Will typically avoid the older 737s if I can. Would take the newer CRJs before I take them, even though they are smaller. All in all modern aviation travel is extremely safe and the newer aircraft models are equipped with so many redundancy systems, they basically fly themselves while they are in the air.

You can look up FlightAware if you want more details about different flights. It's a really good resource.