Unexpected songs the hood fukked wit heavy. This will determine the perpetrators on here. Lol.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Not going to say the hood messed with it because most of this stuff wasn’t getting played in the hood, but if you’re from Detroit and hung out in bars enough then know matter how hood you are you know this closing out the night.

oh shyt I posted that 2....same story in the D thats dope.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I never heard Rock played in any hood I’ve lived in ever keepin it a whole dollar with you. Nigs messed with some Rock when I was locked up lol, but I never heard nobody jack it in the hood…literally can’t remember even one time.

But like has been mentioned tho, hoods are different everywhere…the same but different. All I ever heard was rap and R&B/Soul…you hear the Spanish music too over here cause they live with us, I know in other states/coasts they don’t got no ricans and shhit in their hoods..
There’s a reason why street rappers sampled white music. I mean Mobb Deep sampled this

And made it hard

Method Man the rapper based the hook of a song off this

You have older people here who had no choice but to have a diverse musical playlist mostly because the only way we got black music was through Soul train and our parents. White videos were all over the tv. The hood was fukking with a lot of white shyt especially in the 80’s

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I got put on to a lot of unexpected shyt at my hbcu. I used to run with the poets and that crowd so I learned some interesting shyt. That’s where I learned of Portishead, Massive Attack, Esthero, Tricky, PJ Harvey, etc. I took that shyt back to the hood when I went back home and that was too much for them lol

And Esthero made a remix with Goodie Mob so she was def certified

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
I wouldn't say the hood was fukking with a lot of this music as in listening to it on their own time.. it just played so much that it was known and nikkas used to sing along...

But with that said

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We def thought he was black when this dropped

This just a white people song I like. Brings me right back to summer 1999

Last edited:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I got put on to a lot of unexpected shyt at my hbcu. I used to run with the poets and that crowd so I learned some interesting shyt. That’s where I learned of Portishead, Massive Attack, Esthero, Tricky, PJ Harvey, etc. I took that shyt back to the hood when I went back home and that was too much for them lol

And Esthero made a remix with Goodie Mob so she was def certified

Yep, dope music there, all paramount with the college crowd too. I had to replace that first Esthero album 3 times, even had it stolen from me once :mjcry: :mjlol: :mjlol: